User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

Your recent awesome "arts and crafts" projects?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Your recent awesome "arts and crafts" projects?
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-11-13, 23:36

Heh. Not mine, no, but indeed a nice idol for the great one.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-02-24, 23:37

*bump*

New Nerf gun, now with Frickin' Laser Beams™.

And a followup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Spotted on Boing Boing today:

FSM Christmas Decorations

Is that your missus, Brad? Or just someone she needs to sue...?
Here's our holiday ficus from a few months ago. One of Spag's siblings was seated high atop, of course.

Also, I recently got a shipment of a few square meters of polystyrene to start my next long-term project.

Any other creative buildery-craftery going on here lately?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

artesc

2008-05-09, 00:26

I made a bad-ass potato gun (alcohol powered of course) that can shoot about a hundred yards! I am also in the process of converting the box my ipod came in into a speaker/enclosure for it. don't have any pics right now but...maybe soon!

artesc all the way!

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2008-05-09, 05:24

iPods actually come with all the hardware you need for a dock. A few months ago I made a very nice one using nothing but a hunk of wood from a scrap pile...

You ask me for a hamburger.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-05-21, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by artesc View Post
I made a bad-ass potato gun (alcohol powered of course) that can shoot about a hundred yards! I am also in the process of converting the box my ipod came in into a speaker/enclosure for it. don't have any pics right now but...maybe soon!
Pics plz?

I've been tempted to build an alcohol powered tater/Nerf gun once or twice before, but I'm not quite comfortable with lighting up one of those bad boys. Somehow stored compressed air doesn't seem as dangerous, even though I've read that it can be. Plus, any fleeting thoughts I might have to create a more powerful Nerf firearm are dashed away when I realize I wouldn't be able to brandish it at work...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

AWR
Veteran Member

2008-11-28, 06:40

That's some great work, Mac+. That shot captures so much information, while being quite minimalist to good effect. Great glasses, and reflection too. And teh star for A in Gary!! A glass of WHITE wine. And "Gary"!

Your mo is a real Issac from the Love Boat number. A nd for me it's hard to choose whether Issac's or Magnum's is the moustache of reference.

Mac+
9" monochrome

2008-11-28, 07:19

Thanks AWR.

I can't claim sole responsibility for the "photo-shopping". That was a collaborative effort with our visual design guy.

Gary is a nickname I've had for a long time. I thought I shook it whilst I spent three years in China, but an old friend introduced it to my workmates upon my return, so I decided to embrace it once again. We shot this at work, btw, so the wine was really weak green tea too.

I wasn't really going for anything with my mo', but everybody kept telling me it was of a certain style. The reason I took this photo was because we had a competition in Sydney for all the guys who had been growing mo's this month, yet I would be in Melbourne. They said to just provide a photo, but I thought I should have some fun with it.

The irony was that I could identify every person in that slide, except for one character. The award I received was for the best mo' based on his genre of work. Mine isn't strictly like that, but the picture and my physical absence at the event helped sell the illusion.

All I want is a simple life
twitter

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2008-12-15, 19:54

Brad,

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-09-27, 22:34

*BUMP*

Anyone else hacking together some projects lately? abb, how'd your bike trailer end up?

Here's my latest mini-project. I wanted to take an NES Zapper and make a laser pointer out of it. Unfortunately, I got a little scammed on Amazon and the seller sent me a cheap knock-off instead of a real Zapper. The price was cheap; so, I'm not too upset over it.

So, I had to go about painting it first after ripping the guts out.

A few dabs of soldering (and almost an hour of sweating while undoing a near-catastrophic soldering goof on the tiny laser diode driver) later, and the new guts fit like a glove!

Putting the batteries in the grip gives the otherwise lightweight hunk of plastic a little more heft.

Frickin' laser beams!!!

Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-09-27, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Dammit. Someone always has to go one better.
My biggest worry is Russians putting incredibly powerful micro-explosives into our jeans. Good thing Van Damme is on our side!

(Sorry for replying to such an old post, but I just saw the movie last night!)

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-10-07, 00:45

Locking this "perpetual" thread since we have a whole forum for this kind of stuff now.

A few new threads I've split out of this one: