Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

R. Kelly "trapped in the closet"

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
R. Kelly "trapped in the closet"
Wrao
Yarp

2006-02-02, 22:14

Anyone seen/heard this? It's great! Man. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-02-02, 22:16

haha where have you been?! but seriously, didnt this come out months ago? dont mean to be a ball buster

this is funny shit though, ive never really watched a full episode, i just watch the VH1 greatest week ever recaps and they show the main parts. i mean, a midget that shits himself, what could possibly be much better?!?!?!?!!!!1111!

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-02-02, 22:23

Months ago? Yeah, wasn't that on every freakin' radio station known to man last summer?
Wrao
Yarp

2006-02-02, 22:27

Shrug. I don't listen to the radio, and I don't have a TV. Regardless. This shit is great, I can't wait for the next chapters.
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2006-02-02, 23:16

I like the South Park version best
SledgeHammer

2006-02-03, 00:25

I have mostly only seen it via "Best Week Ever," but it's hilarious. I need to watch the whole thing some time, just for laughs.
Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2006-02-03, 00:26

Aw, man, y'all are missing out. The best part is the commentary track on the 1-12 DVD. We get to watch our pal R. watch himself on a superimposed screen while he's sitting in a big easy chair smoking a cigar. And he even occasionally talks about what his character is thinking and doing... just in case you weren't able to figure it out by yourself.

Of course, the same bloody beat runs under it, so I've never been able to make it the whole way through... but I have watched long enough to hear him say "I came to realize when I started writing this whole piece—there's many a closets... It's like a global closet thing—y'know, everything is pretty much in the closet. That's what makes Trapped in the Closet, Trapped in the Closet, because you never know what's gonna happen. It's all about cliffhangers, it's all about what you think is gonna happen—that's not, that's not what's gonna happen, it's gonna be something totally different—check it out."

Aw, shit man. And he even tells us that he rhymes it. Wow. 'Cause I never noticed before.

I am seriously amazed every time I watch it that he takes himself seriously... and that his producers take him seriously... and that people let him do this. It blows my mind.
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-02-03, 11:36

Trapped in the Cupboard - An Urban Opera

A much better version.