User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iTunes 7 new library icon.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iTunes 7 new library icon.
jkloos

2006-09-25, 00:09

Is there any way I can make a new Icon for a new category in the library in itunes? I have music movies tv shows odcasts audiobooks and radio. Any one know if this is possible?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-09-25, 00:13

As far as I can tell, no, this is not possible. You're stuck with the options that Apple provides.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-09-25, 00:20

Just out of curiousity, what other catagory would you be wanting to add?
jkloos

2006-09-25, 00:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Just out of curiousity, what other catagory would you be wanting to add?
I have a bunch of mixtapes imported of which there is no album artwork and since the mixtapes are all different artists it shows each song for some reason as an album which makes my album view look not so hot. Would like to have my music section look all nice and organized in album view and move the others to another section.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-09-25, 00:28

Also, it would be nice to have a generic Videos section rather than forcing every video file to be either a Movie or TV Show.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-09-25, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkloos View Post
I have a bunch of mixtapes imported of which there is no album artwork and since the mixtapes are all different artists it shows each song for some reason as an album which makes my album view look not so hot. Would like to have my music section look all nice and organized in album view and move the others to another section.
Have you tried using the "compilation" tag for those multi-artist albums? That worked very nicely for me.
jkloos

2006-09-25, 00:31

No could you elaborate to me on this tag?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-09-25, 00:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkloos View Post
No could you elaborate to me on this tag?
  1. Select the tracks in the album (by holding the shift or command key and selecting several)
  2. File -> Get Info
  3. Compilation: Yes
  4. OK

It's worked well for all of the multi-artist albums I have (which is a lot).

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
jkloos

2006-09-25, 00:33

Ah never mind I figured it out thanks a lot. Well it's good it's posted for others like me to see. That's sweet and it works great. Now I just need a few hours of free time to do that on all my stuff.