User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iTunes (Mac) Album, Artists, etc. disappeared

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iTunes (Mac) Album, Artists, etc. disappeared
staigl

2006-10-12, 09:19

I have updated to the latest iTunes 7.0.1. Just the other day, I duplicated my iMac's entire hard disk to an external drive. Wanting be certain the duplicate was functional (I'm paranoid like that), I deleted a song from my (iMac) iTunes library to see if I could play it from the external. No problem. However, now I seem to have lost all iTunes columns except name; no artist, album, genre, etc. Only the "name" remains listed in either the iMac's or external's copy of iTunes; giving me one long alphabetical list of song titles. All columns remain when I select my iPod from what used to be termed the "Source" column. The columns have been retained on my iBook (also w/ iTunes 7.0.1). Any idea what happened to my columns and whether I can retrieve them?

Thanks, staigl
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-10-12, 09:22

Press Command + J and check the columns that you want to see, then click OK. I'm not sure how they disappeared, but that will bring them back.

By the way, welcome to AppleNova!

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
staigl

2006-10-12, 09:27

Yeah sorry, I should have mentioned that the desired column options remain checked. iTunes just doesn't seem to acknowledge that request. Thanks though.
staigl

2006-10-15, 14:04

Here's more...all of the columns remain everywhere BUT under Library>Music. Put another way,
When a cd is in the Mac, the columns show up when I select Devices.
If I select Shared Music, the columns are there too.
Choose a playlist or iPod...voila, columns.

Any idea what happened and whether the column info can be recovered for Library>Music?

Thanks again.
staigl

2006-10-15, 16:13

OK...got it. Thanks to Bob over at the Apple Forums. I feel like a fool, but here's the fix in case I'm not the only boob to cross this forum.

"Another thought - I can make my screen look like what you are describing if the first column is set so wide as to take up all the room on my screen - the other columns are moved off the screen and not visible. Do you have a scroll bar at the bottom of the column? If so, you can scroll right and move the column border in so it can be seen. If that doesn't work, I'm stumped." -Bob