AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

iPad Case Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPad Case Thread
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2010-08-27, 16:12

I am meh on the Apple one. I'm not opposed to getting it, but was wondering if there is anything better out there. Any suggestions?

I see lots of reviews on Amazon for stuff that looks good at first, but is either too bulky, too shoddy or too flimsy. I am leaning towards a folio case, but I can be swayed. I have no real interest in sleeves, as I would find this to be easy to lose or just ignore. I already have a messenger bag the thing can fit in; I'm looking more for something to protect the screen and maybe use as a stand without being some goofy plastic stand. Anyone have any insight?

Some ones I've been looking at are:

Noreve "Tradition" case (leaning towards this)

X-Gear Folio

InCase convertible book jacket

Case Mate "Venture" case (I probably like this one the best)

JavoEdge "Axis" case

M-Edge "Executive" case

Capdase "Flessi" jacket

Most are a lot of money, but the $40 stuff doesn't seem to be worthwhile. I just want something that isn't too bulky but will last and won't collect a lot of dirt.
screensaver400
Veteran Member

2010-08-27, 17:41

I received the Yoobao "slim" case today, available for $45 on eBay. It's basically the same design as the Macally Bookstand (which I also have) and the Xgear Folio. However, the Yoobao is far, far better than the Macally. It's very solid, is very attractive, and fits snugly, but not too snugly. The Macally is flimsy, feels cheap, and isn't molded well to iPad's curved back. The Xgear is made with some goofy fake carbon fiber material; I'm quite pleased with the Yoobao's leather. It's claimed to be genuine; I'm not sure if it is, but it doesn't smell bad like a lot of fake leather, and it's aesthetically pleasing.

I'd give it some serious thought. In my opinion, the "name brand" case manufacturers have really dropped the ball. I've yet to see a better design than the Yoobao slim, and I've not seen it implemented as well anywhere else.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2010-08-27, 17:47

Naked. I've got a Marware Eco View but I hardly use it.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2010-08-27, 18:31

I have a DODOCase and love it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-08-27, 21:48

Still using the original Apple case I got from SpecMode with the iPad. It works great for me the way I use mine. I always use it in landscape so this works very well.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2010-08-27, 22:23

The Dodo case looks amazing but it doesn't look like it really secures the iPad very well, does it?

I've looked for the Yoobao that doesn't have the thick front fascia that covers the entire bezel, but to no avail. Any idea how to get one readily, aside from potentials bidding wars on eBay?