User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 7 of 77 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  Next Last Thread Tools
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-02-19, 10:07

Little Big Planet is a fun, addicting game.

I have owned Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Rainbow Six V2 was one of the best games I have ever played. I absolutely hated MGS4.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-02-19, 10:17

Is anybody else here playing The Lost and Damned? I'm not digging into the story much yet, but I love the new twist on races. They feel a lot like Road Rash now that you get to use a baseball bat. Knocking people off their bike never gets old.

If anybody here has it, I'd be up for a game sometime. I usually hop online between 6-6:30 AM for a race before work, and I'd be up for an after-dinner race too. Anybody in?
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-19, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Is anybody else here playing The Lost and Damned? I'm not digging into the story much yet, but I love the new twist on races. They feel a lot like Road Rash now that you get to use a baseball bat. Knocking people off their bike never gets old.

If anybody here has it, I'd be up for a game sometime. I usually hop online between 6-6:30 AM for a race before work, and I'd be up for an after-dinner race too. Anybody in?
It's in the polling for Friday night gaming with my friends, but is currently losing to Halo3 & GOW2. There will be some GTA IV L&D sometime after midnight EST Friday night / Saturday morning but I'm not sure how long after midnight it will be.

If you're on Friday nights between 10PM & 2AM EST, shoot me a Friend Request (gt = Deth4U2, also, send me a message so I know who you are). The last two weeks we've had 20+ mature gamers (basically 30+ years old) online during this time slot. We've been averaging about 3 different games during the night (Halo3, PGR3 Cat & Mouse & GOW2 both private MP and Horde). We only play private rooms so we don't have to deal with the crap that can be had out in the wilds of XBL. It's about good times with cool people and an icy beverage on the side.

Tuesday night 9:30 - 11:30PM EST has turned into L4D night. Tried versus mode (survivor vs. infected) for the first time last Tuesday and it was a hoot! This would probably be more difficult to get new people into as there is pretty much a set cast of characters, but you never know...
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-02-19, 11:39

That really does sound like a lot of fun. I don't have most of those games, though. Stupid budget. I pretty much only play GTA online, since I only have five games for the 360.

I actually already sent you a friend request (fcgriz). I'm not sure if you accepted yet or not. I think you did, but I don't remember.

Since my wife and I get up before 6 AM most days, I'm not online after 10:00 too often, but I'll look for you this weekend if I am.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-02-19, 11:39

I got Doom on the Xbox Live Arcade a few days ago when I was at a friend's house with my Xbox and realized I had forgotten to bring my games. So I bought Doom and we played some multiplayer. Fun stuff.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-19, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
That really does sound like a lot of fun. I don't have most of those games, though. Stupid budget. I pretty much only play GTA online, since I only have five games for the 360.

I actually already sent you a friend request (fcgriz). I'm not sure if you accepted yet or not. I think you did, but I don't remember.

Since my wife and I get up before 6 AM most days, I'm not online after 10:00 too often, but I'll look for you this weekend if I am.
I don't see you on my list (I thought you were there)? Please send me another request. Tuesday & Friday are my only gaming nights though. I can't play before 9PM because my online games are not kid-friendly.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-02-19, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
I got Doom on the Xbox Live Arcade a few days ago when I was at a friend's house with my Xbox and realized I had forgotten to bring my games. So I bought Doom and we played some multiplayer. Fun stuff.
Yeah, it's definitely fun reliving old games. I got Doom from XLA about a year ago when I couldn't leave the house for 2 weeks. I haven't looked on XLA lately for other games.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2009-02-19, 20:46

Well, I've added 25% of the PSN network to my buddy list now (give or take a few points) - now I just need to get a game that other people have! Thinking about getting CoD: WaW, but not before I finish Uncharted, Fallout 3, and pick up FIFA 09...so, next year.

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2009-02-20, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
It's in the polling for Friday night gaming with my friends, but is currently losing to Halo3 & GOW2. There will be some GTA IV L&D sometime after midnight EST Friday night / Saturday morning but I'm not sure how long after midnight it will be.

If you're on Friday nights between 10PM & 2AM EST, shoot me a Friend Request (gt = Deth4U2, also, send me a message so I know who you are). The last two weeks we've had 20+ mature gamers (basically 30+ years old) online during this time slot. We've been averaging about 3 different games during the night (Halo3, PGR3 Cat & Mouse & GOW2 both private MP and Horde). We only play private rooms so we don't have to deal with the crap that can be had out in the wilds of XBL. It's about good times with cool people and an icy beverage on the side.

Tuesday night 9:30 - 11:30PM EST has turned into L4D night. Tried versus mode (survivor vs. infected) for the first time last Tuesday and it was a hoot! This would probably be more difficult to get new people into as there is pretty much a set cast of characters, but you never know...
I need to get hooked up with your friends group, 'fiend! I've got next to noone on my friends list because none of my IRL friends game. I've got a few AN people but that's about it.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2009-02-20, 11:51

I know what I'll be playing on March 5th!!

1GB of free DLC for Unreal Tournament 3 for FREE!!
New maps, new vehicles, new games, new 30ft tall stomping creatures... Yeah!

And for the 360? Not so much.. Word is the size of the update will mean that the 360 can't handle it.. So no update goodness for 360 peeps according to Epic!!

Ha ha! Suck it up!!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-20, 12:32

I find that hard to believe as GTA IV's The Lost & The Damned is a 1.78GB download. The original GRAW DLC was over 1GB too. I probably have 1.5GB in RB6:LV DLC but that was in 3 installments so I guess that doesn't count.

360 users don't need UT III, we have Gears Of War and of course, The Lost And The Damned.
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-20, 12:37

Oh totally. Whatever the real reason is. That's not it.
It's being released on the PC & PS3 so it is strange that it isn't even being considered at the moment for the 360.. Perhaps its about trying to show some love to PC people. Or perhaps it simply wasn't popular enough on the 360... Maybe because of GoW.

Anyways.. The Lost And The Damned! *pfft*

If you really want to get me back just ask about the Fallout 3 DLC!

Or where my new 17" MBP is!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-20, 13:18

At some point I have to get back to the DC Wastelands myself. Way too many loose ends to tie up. Bethesda is raising the level cap to 30 with next month's DLC installment.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-20, 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I need to get hooked up with your friends group, 'fiend! I've got next to noone on my friends list because none of my IRL friends game. I've got a few AN people but that's about it.
Like I said in my post you quoted, shoot me a FR and a message over XBL letting me know who you are.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2009-02-21, 07:56

The torrent gods revealed a copy of

For OS X (via DosBox).

Old LucasArts Classics FTW!
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-02-21, 11:36

BTW, feel free to add me on PSN. I might be a little too lazy to dredge up all the name tags from this thread for some time...
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-02-21, 13:41

My XBL Gamertag is PKIDelirium. Right now the only multiplayer games I have are Ace Combat 6 and Orange Box (Team Fortress 2) but I'm looking to get COD4 before much longer.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-02-21, 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousuburb View Post
The torrent gods revealed a copy of
For OS X (via DosBox).

Old LucasArts Classics FTW!
I played the remake of Quest for Glory 1 recently - DOS Box is awesome

I was just thinking about DOS Box today too, because I remembered Syndicate, and wondered why that franchise hasn't been resurrected - that game was awesome!

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-22, 00:08

Has anyone played the RE5 demo?
I am pretty disappointed. Yes, nice cut scenes. Nice graphics. But really hard to control, half your screen is taken up by your character, and christ you move slow.. It's fun when you have some distance between you and enemies, but the moment you mess up it's not even fun. It's just a mess of confusing crap on the screen and bucket loads of frustration! As it stands right now that demo has cost CapCom a sale, as I was going to buy it sight unseen.... Now, I am not.

OTOH the newer MotorStorm2 demo has me sold on that now, after the pretty poor initial early demo I was sent. I am now going to buy it, so I can see why they put another demo out...

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-02-22, 00:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Has anyone played the RE5 demo?
I am pretty disappointed. Yes, nice cut scenes. Nice graphics. But really hard to control, half your screen is taken up by your character, and christ you move slow.. It's fun when you have some distance between you and enemies, but the moment you mess up it's not even fun. It's just a mess of confusing crap on the screen and bucket loads of frustration! As it stands right now that demo has cost CapCom a sale, as I was going to buy it sight unseen.... Now, I am not.
I've played it. Seems like its right on par with all the other Resident Evils I've played. Nothing really new, seems like it's just cosmetic stuff. I might rent it, seems like the type of game I'd get through in a week and never pick up again.

Also, it reminds me of a bulky, poorly playing Dead Space. That game was wonderful. I loved it.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-22, 00:23

I'll have to fire up the last one on my PS2.
I just don't remember it being that slow to aim with, almost spastically bad to move the main character around, nor do I remember not being able to see anything in front of me most of the time...

Frankly, if you didn't have the CCP with you I think it would be unplayable most of the time. So they have got one thing right with the AI there IMO. But that's not why I play games. *I* want to do stuff, not be a side-kick!

I loved RE4 from top to bottom. So I am surprised how different my impression was of this.

Perhaps I am truly too old for video games!

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-02-22, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
I'll have to fire up the last one on my PS2.
I just don't remember it being that slow to aim with, almost spastically bad to move the main character around, nor do I remember not being able to see anything in front of me most of the time...

Frankly, if you didn't have the CCP with you I think it would be unplayable most of the time. So they have got one thing right with the AI there IMO. But that's not why I play games. *I* want to do stuff, not be a side-kick!

I loved RE4 from top to bottom. So I am surprised how different my impression was of this.

Perhaps I am truly too old for video games!
The problem with the aiming is that before when you brought up the gun to aim it would automatically go to one of the zombies. Then you could aim up to go for a headshot. Now it doesn't do anything. I think they had a nice middle ground before.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-22, 01:56

That makes sense.. Perhaps that will be something they deal with in QA testing.

I can't remember the old system, been a while, but I think that would make quite a difference. At the moment I feel really clunky and dumb as a player. Capcom don't normally leave me feeling that way so I am fairly confident they'll sort it out.

JohnnyTheA

2009-02-22, 02:06

Even though this game has been out for awhile, I downloaded Eve Online today. It is NOT a simple game to play. I also have issue with it crashing sometimes. Luckily, its a 14 day trial... It looks like a really cool game, the Mac Version looks like it has problems though.

Anyone else play Eve Online?

JTA
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-22, 02:23

I tried it a while back.. Love the concept. It's actually my dream game.

But the execution of the actual app is not as good as the prolific web adverts would make you think...

Also the community is worse than WoW, or some of the most elitist forums online.

Which is probably a good thing. As if it was as good as I hoped I would do little other than play it all day, instead of trying to code my own Elite inspired epic...

Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-02-22, 04:18

I tried EVE and stopped after about 3 hours. I can't stand all the micromanagement, the way that battle works (like WoW, but from 1000km away), the navigation system, and the fact that quests give no indication of how hard they are. I'm sure that there are lots of people out there who like these aspects in some way of another, but they didn't work for me.

When they release an MMO game like Privateer, then I'll be totally into it!

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-02-22, 14:51

FYI: COD4 Game of the Year edition for $49 at Best Buy this week. I'm gonna pick it up.
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2009-02-22, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post
FYI: COD4 Game of the Year edition for $49 at Best Buy this week. I'm gonna pick it up.
Looks like COD: World at War is available from Amazon for the same price (at least, for PS3) - might have to give that one a look sooner than I anticipated.

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
Eugene
careful with axes

2009-02-23, 02:51

Aww, where have all the WoW players gone?
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2009-02-23, 03:04

Eagerly awaiting Star Ocean: The Last Hope for either today/tomorrow/Wednesday depending on the Gamestop at which I pre-ordered it. I've too much going to start engrossing myself immediately, but since it is a prequel to the rest of the series, I'll be playing them in true chronological order over the summer, now that the series is complete. I'll definitely start on SO:TLH when I get it, though. Word is there are three mega-dungeons for DLC that are equivalent in size to the 211-floor dungeon in SO: Till the End of Time. I'm stoked. The achievement list looks like it will take ~500 hours of gameplay to complete.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

Last edited by RowdyScot : 2009-02-23 at 03:05. Reason: typos