User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

White House Aide Caught in Shoplift Scheme...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
White House Aide Caught in Shoplift Scheme...
Bean

2006-03-10, 21:33

White House Aid Claude Allen who recently resigned his post as Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy was busted for stealing from, TARGET, of all places.

From the Montgemery Police Dept.:
Quote:
The Target Loss Prevention Manger contacted Montgomery County Police and through the police investigation it was learned that Allen had been receiving refunds in an amount exceeding $5,000 during last year. Some of the fraudulent returns were made at Target stores and some at Hecht’s stores. He would buy items, take them out to his car, and return to the store with the receipt. He would select the same items he had just purchased, and then return them for a refund. Allen is known to have conducted approximately 25 of these types of refunds, having the money credited to his credit cards.
According to the Washington Post, Allen was one of the highest paid Bush staffers tied with Karl Rove. He made $161,000 a year.

INSERT -- Link, Witty Comment, or Obscure/Thoughtful Quote -- HERE.

Last edited by Bean : 2006-03-10 at 22:08.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-03-10, 21:40

Sexual favors as a form of power coercion and therefore sexual harassment from a supervisor?

Oh wait, that's been done.

C'mon, I like the lack of knee-jerk political bashing on these forums... can we keep it somewhere else? Thanks.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-03-10, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
C'mon, I like the lack of knee-jerk political bashing on these forums... can we keep it somewhere else? Thanks.
What Circle K said. Comments like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean
What more can we expect from this administration???
...are really out of line.
Bean

2006-03-10, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
Sexual favors as a form of power coercion and therefore sexual harassment from a supervisor?

Oh wait, that's been done.

You're right. I'm sorry.
I'm just really burnt out by this administration. It's seems like each week there's something new to get mad at.

But I do find it rather interesting that someone that makes that much money needs the feel to shoplift, regardless of their relationship to the President of the United States of America.

INSERT -- Link, Witty Comment, or Obscure/Thoughtful Quote -- HERE.
Bean

2006-03-10, 22:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
What Circle K said. Comments like this:

...are really out of line.
No Problem.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-03-10, 22:14

Dear god, the people around here really *are* nice. Cripes. It's almost... unnerving...

Thanks Bean. (But yeah, what the hell?)
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-03-10, 23:50

What the hell? He's making 161K a year and he's shoplifting? Where did he even get the time to do that???

Maybe he's privy to a special drug that hasn't hit the streets yet and he needs to support the habit?

I just don't get it....
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-03-11, 00:12

I was wondering if it was actually the same guy, appearances aside, and anywho stalked the criminal...

Now I have a few more questions. This was a man nominated for a seat on the 4th District court, who shoplifts, who has his information in full public view, who works for the administration?

He is either incredibly stupid or very very cheap (won't pay the five dollar delisting fee...)