Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Eyeglasses with exciting design

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Eyeglasses with exciting design
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2012-03-15, 17:36

These are some pairs of Lunor (http://www.lunor.de/) eyeglasses that I own. One pair is the "Steve pair" or the Lunor Classic Rund. I don't wear them often, but when I do, I use them mostly for reading or watching TV since they provide a nice large viewing area. I'm guessing that Steve liked the style, but also the practicality of the size of the lenses.

The second pair is an acetate frame called the A5 211. I wear these almost every day because of their durability and comfort. The reinforced hinge design really drew me to them, and the fact that they have a metal frame look without the weight.

This last pair is the Lunor Ideal I 381. They are rimless and similar to the Lunor Rund, but they have telescoping temples, so you can accommodate multiple size faces or preferred fits. I wear these quite a bit but keep them more for special or formal occasions. They are also treated with transitions lenses, so they can be used as sunglasses as well.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
Matsu
Veteran Member

2012-03-15, 21:44

These depend on the individual face. Glasses that work for one type might not for another. I prefer my glasses modern and elegant: I like a lot of Mikli's designs.

SpecMode
Wait what

2012-03-15, 23:35

I'm rather fond of these, myself. Picked up a pair while I had vision coverage through Apple last year...best glasses I've ever owned, no contest.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2012-03-16, 10:59

Are those Tag Heur? In any case, very nice.
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-03-16, 11:48

They are, on both counts. Sleek, light, and comfortable, and I had the lenses made with Trivex so they should last for a while.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2012-03-16, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
They are, on both counts. Sleek, light, and comfortable, and I had the lenses made with Trivex so they should last for a while.
That is pretty awesome. I get mine through BlinkOptic.com. They're decent in price and deals but they do move slowly.

I really like the Tag Heur designs and especially the wraparound arms on some of their glasses. Wish I had a pair but maybe someday. I'm pretty much set on Lunor from now on, though, as they are one of the few quality brands that utilize the W-bridge on regular glasses. It's a really comfortable fit and doesn't leave nosepiece indentations.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
kimadam

2012-06-15, 10:35

Eyeglasses are an essential medical tool, as well as an important fashion item. They are then designed to be a great deal more vital as we require them to be on point on a daily basis, all day.
kimadam

2012-06-15, 10:39

Designer eyeglasses are available in oval, round, square, and octagonal forms. Different forms suit specific head or face shapes. Some people desire to use square-shaped frames if they have a round face. The lifestyle of different face shapes made the brands to make sure that different frame shapes are available in their collections.
zippy
Veteran Member

2012-06-15, 12:23

Um... OK. Thanks for that.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-06-15, 12:33

Spam is available in handwritten, random, foreign and "just copy-paste" forms. Different forms suit specific thread or forum types. Some people desire the spam to s top if they have a life. The lifestyle of different spam posters made the types to make sure that different posts are available in their collections.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-06-16, 12:09

^^^

I just ordered some new frames but I went with the slop that they have at the shitty, non-designer optical place I use.

I've mentioned it before, but back in the mid-90s I had some awesome frames by Takumi, who were among the first (if not the very first) to begin using the magnetic clip-ons. They were very unique and I while I'm wearing a newer model of Takumi frames now they don't have the same panache.

Do you folks (kimadam excluded) order online or through a high-end brick and mortar store?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-11-18, 12:52

So, I'm due for some new glasses. I'm trying to decide between getting some similar to my existing glasses: Oakley Jacknife 2.0s which have served me well (Oakley have very generous product damage policies, for example) and which my benefits will cover entirely, or whether to go all-out and get something from IC Berlin like the Anouks. I'd have to pitch in some money of my own to get them: the frames alone are $200 more than the Oakleys...

Thoughts?