Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Thankyou AppleNova - My 1 year Apple Mac anniversary

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Thankyou AppleNova - My 1 year Apple Mac anniversary
trevo

2006-03-25, 06:28

It's a bit late but I bought my first Mac and joined AppleNova on 2005-01-23

So I made the switch to Apple Mac just over a year ago and i'm continuously finding/learning new features. Mac OS X is so customizable and functional, I like it

I would just like to thank everyone on this board that has helped and supported me over the last year from my first post, "Can you really just move apps to the Trash!?! " to my latest headaches.

Thanks AppleNova.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-03-25, 06:41

Aww. Thank you for the kind words! I hope we've been a mostly positive influence on your experiences.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-03-25, 14:05

I would also like to thank you all for this awesome place. Today marks 426 days since I've first come here, and it gets better every day.

Brad, is there anything stored in AN's SQL database that shows how much time I've spent here? It's probably on average of 2 hours a day, but I'm curious.

You ask me for a hamburger.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-03-25, 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Brad, is there anything stored in AN's SQL database that shows how much time I've spent here? It's probably on average of 2 hours a day, but I'm curious.
Well, your posts per day are higher than mine, which makes you my number one enemy here.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-03-25, 14:52

Hmm... there's a difference of 0.51 posts per day between us, with a net post count difference of 898... this means I'll pass you out sometime in June next year.

Cue Brad with constipated-looking man "you are not your..." image:

You ask me for a hamburger.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-03-25, 14:54

Wishful thinking.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-03-25, 15:57

I'd like to add my thanks too. The community here is great; helpful at every opportunity, and a mean sense of humor at times. I've only been a member here for a few months, but I'm starting to feel that I fit in.

I can only imagine the amount of effort put in by the Admins and Mods to keep this place running smoothly, and sometimes with no thanks (e.g. the pop incident).

Don't let them get you down, and keep up the good work
chucker

2006-03-25, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball
I can only imagine the amount of effort put in by the Admins and Mods to keep this place running smoothly, and sometimes with no thanks (e.g. the pop incident).
The most unfortunate part is that Ireland aka pop is still very active on AI, and that moderators don't do anything about his behaviour.

In any case: hail the mods and admins! For they do an excellent job.

Except for Brad. What a slacker.