User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Apple Special Event: February 22nd: Confirmed

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Special Event: February 22nd: Confirmed
Mac Creative

2006-02-07, 15:14

I can confirm there will be an invitation sent out shortly for February 22nd. We just received ours. Put it on for AppleNova. This was emailed to us in HTML format. It has been put on this forum on low-resolution for speed.

http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ion20064eg.jpg

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-07, 15:18

Well...it's pink!

Hey, wait...is that a clue? Is she gonna be there?

I'm guessing by the color (loud, like those in the commercials) that it's going to be something iPod/iTunes related... (you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to pull one past me...sharp as a tack).

Even though this is the most easy to fake/mockup, I'm inclined to buy into this one a bit more. Don't know why...hope I don't regret it.

I'll go first:

- iPod boombox and other iPod doodads/accessories
- Updated shuffles (at the new pricepoints even)
- New iTMS content announcements (CBS, Season 1 of The Bachelor, etc.)
- Oh, and new socks, of course.

BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2006-02-07, 15:19

Not saying it ain't the real thing, but it wouldn't be too hard to Photoshop that...

As for what it actually is, I'd go with new iPod socks. Pink ones. And maybe a pink iPod to go along with that, too. Maybe the Special Edition Madonna iPod is finally going to appear?

GWARREN

2006-02-07, 15:39

Why update the nanos and shuffles today if there is another iPod announcement soon? Hmmm

ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-02-07, 15:42

I also agree that it's more believable than the last one, because it looks rather non-obvious. But what do I know?

Anyway, Madonna-themed iPod Socks appear to be a real possiblity, perhaps even fingerless iPod-gloves?

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-02-07, 15:48

Yup... if this is real, it would definitely be iPod/iTunes related. Much too obnoxious of a color for a Mac event.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-02-07, 15:50

I'll believe it when some relatively legitimate news organization or personage reports about it. A brand new member with an image hosted on a free server doesn't exactly scream "credibility."

Until then, I'm closing this up as Yet Another Attention Seeking Photoshopperâ„¢.

Besides, we already have one thread about this so-called event.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.