AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Current State of Trump®

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Current State of Trump®
Page 5 of 18 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  Next Last Thread Tools
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2022-11-15, 16:13

Yeah, not clicking that, for exactly that reason.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-15, 16:19

I haven't been to Truth Social yet either. I plan to keep it that way.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-11-15, 21:05

It's HAPPENING...

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-15, 21:08

Let me know how it went.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-11-15, 21:17

We apparently need a hero...

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-11-15, 22:59

Former President* Trump Announces 2024 Campaign for President.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tru...ds-2022-11-15/
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna36987
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/15/u...ent-jan-6.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2219944.html
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...idate-00067130
https://nypost.com/2022/11/15/donald...gn=android_nyp
https://www.npr.org/2022/11/15/10442...president-2024
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/15/trum...-momentum.html

Among a million other articles on the major news and opinion sites. Take your pick.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-11-15, 23:29

Shocked, utterly shocked! Who could have foreseen this!

So if he loses in 2024, will there be another attempted insurrection? Man so many exciting things to eat popcorn watching. Musk is feeding us now, soon Trump will give us something worth getting out the double sized bowls worth to much on.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-11-16, 00:11

One more for Brad's list:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/min...ublican-confab

Anonymous Coward

2022-11-16, 01:58

Another article. BBC had several, but this one in particular interviewed former President Trump supporters and asked whether or not they would support another campaign. Not sure how they pick and choose their interviewees, but they seem to have found a wide variety of opinions.

My opinion: Good. Let's get this out of the way now rather than having it held over our heads until the last minute. Unfortunately, he seems to have enough support to continue wearing the red tie and won't be going off on his own as I would have preferred.

Last edited by Anonymous Coward : 2022-11-16 at 02:10.
¡Damned!

2022-11-16, 08:04

Republican leadership had 2 chances to oust this guy and ensure he couldn't run again. They get what they deserve. That said, if he doesn't get the nomination (and I doubt he will - I get the feeling the GOP is finally ready to toss him after this latest 'red wave'), he'll likely run 3rd party. There's no way he gets behind DeSantis. Too many rubes to still fleece.

So it goes.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2022-11-16, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
...he'll likely run 3rd party.
No, he won't. The whole part of a third party run is when you think you can take voters from both sides. Trump can't do that.

He'll probably sulk and lob grenades from the sidelines, but there's no way he goes third party. It's a guaranteed loss.
¡Damned!

2022-11-16, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
It's a guaranteed loss.
Exactly. For the GOP. If he can't have it then nobody can and he will burn it all to the ground if he doesn't get his way - he's never given a shit about anything other than Trump.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-16, 09:01

The third party thing will never work for a number of reasons. One being places like Virginia have strict limitations on what parties can be on the ballot (or did while I lived there). So if Trump creates MAGA then Virginia wouldn't see it on their ballot and it would have to be a write-in. When was the last time a write-in won any election when named candidates had checkboxes ready to be marked?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2022-11-16, 09:42

Senator Murkowski pulled it off a dozen years ago, and she's still in office (and will likely be re-elected again this year thanks to AK's ranked-choice voting). Still, I don't think winning is the whole point for Trump this time around. He thinks A) announcing his run for President will give him some sort of immunity from being charged by the DOJ or Georgia, B) there is still money on the table to be taken in, both from rubes and dark money PACs, and C) Trump loves nothing more than revenge against anyone he thinks has slighted him. If the GOP starts to move to toss him to the curb, he will crank up the whining and vitriol to 11 and take down anyone and anything that threatens his 'control' over the party. Heck, he's already insinuated that he has dirt on DeSantis "that even his wife doesn't know about" or some such crap. Popcorn time indeed.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-11-16, 09:51

Let's also not forget that Trump is the grifter in chief.

I have a strong hunch that he has no expectations of presidency, and this is all another grift to misdirect attention and fleece the rubes to help pay for his looming lawsuits.

edit: I didn't see 709's reply before mine. Same vibes.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-16, 10:11

As odd as this is (politically speaking) I happen to think you are both right.
¡Damned!

2022-12-15, 12:17

🎶It's beginning to look a lot like Griftmas...🎶

Yes, it's real.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-15, 13:13

Ok, I saw something about that and thought it was a joke. I mean, he wouldn't really do that would he?

Sadly, he will sell a ton I'm sure.

Personally I think he should have put the "45" in more places. Maybe tattooed on his forehead too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-12-15, 13:58

This is real? Seriously???

Ryan
Veteran Member

2022-12-15, 14:21

Love that his fluffers always draw him as if he's not an obese pre-diabetic.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2022-12-15, 21:22

Did he blow his fortune somehow? Having trouble getting campaign funding? Why does he need to sell that? Biggest question, who would buy that crap?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-15, 21:34

CNET did an article about this. Trump didn’t actually “commission” this. He rather licensed his likeness for the NFTs. According to the article the company that did this isn’t associated with any of the Trump organizations.

Still, that is not something I would even consider “buying”.

tomoe
Veteran Member

2022-12-15, 23:18

You know things are insane when even the bastion of circlejerking that is r/conservative is up in arms. Idiocratcy continues its trend as an unexpected documentary.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-12-15, 23:20

Licensing your likeness for NFTs is sad trombone for a legitimately wealthy person.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-16, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Licensing your likeness for NFTs is sad trombone for a legitimately wealthy person.

It really REALLY is. While clearly he would need to "promote" the NFTs but still he seemed way too enthusiastic about it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-16, 14:41

Apparently he sold out.
Trump NFT Trading Cards Sell Out, Raise $4.45M (Newsmax)
Quote:
The entire collection of former President Donald Trump's digital trading cards reportedly sold out within 12 hours of launching — raising millions in the process.

"NFT INT LLC is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Digital LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates. NFT INT LLC uses Donald J. Trump's name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Digital LLC, which license may be terminated."
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-12-16, 15:29

Never underestimate the cult.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2022-12-16, 15:48

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s owned by some crony of Trump’s, who will then donate all the profit to Trump’s campaign.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-12-16, 15:48

^ What Brad said.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-04-09, 00:06

Interesting thing I found out.
Funny, but also irritating.

During the Trump administration, the White House Gift Shop announced a collectible coin to commemorate a potential meeting between the president and the leader of North Korea.

I felt that a commemorative "coin" for that bizarre encounter was the most bizarre collectible I had ever heard of, so I ordered one for purely for the mercenary purpose of reselling it at some point in the future.

That purchase did of course place me on the White House Gift Shop mailing list, communications from which I routinely ignored following the purchase of that stupid medallion.

Tonight I was clearing out some of most recent emails from the gift shop and found a new email describing an upcoming product called the (I kid you not):

"Trump Epilogue Coin #1"

...which is designed to commemorate his indictment.

So now I fully understand that the Gift Shop is a political tool used by whoever occupies the office.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter