Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Unfair locking of threads

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Unfair locking of threads
Page 1 of 8 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
badBrad

2006-05-15, 13:49

I doubt Jack Frost would approve of closing down so many topics (from what you have said about him). I know this is the wrong place to post too, but I think I need to get your attention. I have stopped using this site because you made it bad. I know you have rules, but you are being far to tough on enforcing them . You make macs look bad. Very sad.

I wonder how long it will take before you shut this topic down (I posted at 2:47). I am sacraficing my user account for the good of this site. Anyone who agrees with me should post quickly before it is locked down.

BTW, ip ban will not work on me.

for those who have seen james bond:
"I am invincible"
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-05-15, 13:53

if you dont like it here then dont come...plain and simple
applenerd
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-05-15, 13:53

I agree to some of this. but brad has good intentions.
Partial
Stallion

2006-05-15, 14:01

/yourself
Oompa Loompa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-05-15, 14:02

You are so silly it makes me want to weep. Let's bring in Chuck Norris.

Bye, bye, little BadBreath... you are soooo wrong and completely out of line.

You know, I actually feel really hurt because of your post. That's a bad thing; it makes me sad.

Last edited by Oompa Loompa : 2006-05-15 at 14:43.
¡Damned!

Fuck off.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

I'm with Yontsey on this one. Regardless of whether people like the way a forum is run or not, there's no need to flounce out in a dramatic fashion. If you don't like a site, don't visit it. It's that simple.

We've had a similar problem on a site that I help to moderate, and it's just plain attention-seeking. There are plenty of sites on the internet that will allow and even encourage your style. Just go out and find them.

And invoking the name of a previous Admin who has now passed away to back up your point is way beyond tacky, and in the realms of offensive.

Edit: I'm also with 709, to be honest.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2006-05-15, 14:03

Murbot, calling Murbot. Need nail gun stat.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-05-15, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBrad
Brad, you are running this site badly.
Aside from overzealous locking down of threads, what reasons do you have for that impression?

Quote:
I wonder how long it will take before you shut this topic down (I posted at 2:47).
Your clock is off.
rasmits
rams it

2006-05-15, 14:04

He makes Macs look bad?

That's weird, mine still looks as white as ever.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-05-15, 14:06

Loser, go hide behind another fake name.

Quote:
You are so technologically advanced. I wish I had your skilz !!11!!1!1!!
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-05-15, 14:11

I'll leave the lock or nailgun for admins, but I'm moving this to Feedback, because it has no place in Speculation and Rumors.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-15, 14:21

Well, aside from the lameness of the post, I'd be more than willing to listen to legitimate gripes of threads being locked that you feel shouldn't have been locked.

Of course, we also prefer that if you have an issue with an individual, you take it up with them or with another mod/admin via the PM system, so perhaps I'll edit the original post to remove the personal crap.

Saying "you lock too many threads" doesn't do much good unless you can give an example of what you feel is an unfair locking/closing of a thread.

edit: there, it's no longer a personal attack, but rather a (rough granted) critique. Now, if someone could point out which threads were locked unfairly, this thread might still be salvaged.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-05-15, 14:28

Quote:
Brad, you are running this site badly. I doubt Jack Frost would approve of closing down so many topics (from what you have said about him).
Topics are closed:

1) because they are repetitive of recent/current threads on the same subject;

2) because they are abusive, offensive, inappropriate, or just plain stupid;

3) because they contain spam, self-promotion, or attention-seeking behavior on the part of the thread originator.

Quote:
I know this is the wrong place to post too, but I think I need to get your attention. I have stopped using this site because you made it bad. I know you have rules, but you are being far to tough on enforcing them .
I think it's interesting that instead of contributing intelligent input to this site and helping to make it better, you waste your first (and only) post in being critical and insulting. Oh well.

Quote:
You make macs look bad. Very sad.
What a ridiculous statement. The locking of repetitive threads on a messageboard has nothing to do with Apple computers.

Quote:
I wonder how long it will take before you shut this topic down (I posted at 2:47). I am sacraficing my user account for the good of this site.
Yes, you've certainly had a significant impact here. I imagine hundreds of people are grateful for your creative input.
Quote:
Anyone who agrees with me should post quickly before it is locked down.
Obviously you will be looking for a far better site that meets with your approval. I recommend that you post informative comments there so that your presence will be a positive influence.

Quote:

"I am invincible"
I think if you *ever* wanted to come back here, with this comment you have completely burned your bridges.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-05-15, 14:40

Whatever dude.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 14:42

Quote:
I doubt Jack Frost would approve of closing down so many topics (from what you have said about him).
How dare you? F you for assuming that you knew things about anyone. Don't drag our dearly departed friend into this, especially since you missed him by about a year.

Quote:
I know this is the wrong place to post too, but I think I need to get your attention. I have stopped using this site because you made it bad. I know you have rules, but you are being far to tough on enforcing them . You make macs look bad. Very sad.
So you post in the wrong forum and look like an idiot in order to say that we look bad? Wow. That's impressive. How is he making Macs look bad? Not like Brad = Mac or you have to use a Mac to use this site. Way to be informed you dolt.

Quote:
I wonder how long it will take before you shut this topic down (I posted at 2:47). I am sacraficing my user account for the good of this site. Anyone who agrees with me should post quickly before it is locked down.

"I am invincible"
Sacrificing your user account for the good of the site? Do you even listen to yourself talk (type)? IP ban will work on you, you just don't realize it because as you've proven through your one post here at AppleNova, you're a complete retard. You've completely failed at making a difference here. That's right, you're a failure. If you wanted to make a difference you should have joined the community, posted, joined in discussions, become a part of our community, and than taken up this issue privately with the administrators. Instead, you come off looking like just another moron. Congrats.

Go away.

Come waste your time with me
badBrad

2006-05-15, 14:43

Well, guys I would like to apologize for some of the hits I have taken. I love this site, and that is why I won't leave. I am just hurt when I see so many threads shot down that I think it is hard for me to look at posts. I understand that brad likes a nice site, but he is overzealous with his edits. I admit, I was overly mean but I have had a rough day and then while reading think s I remembered how mad I was at applenova (which I have not read in a while). I realize that I should have pm'd but I wanted to have a disscussion about it. I also realize that I did a f*cking horrible job of starting a good disscussion. The comment about making macs look bad. Well if I am a switcher and brad shoots down my post quick, I will be really hurt. The thing about the previous admin may have not been a good choice of args. I apologize for any feelings hurt and I hope I don't get IP banned (even though it wouldn't work). if you still kick me off thats ok too though, I deserve it.

gotta go.

sorry.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  

"I am invincible"

That's hilarious. Who are you, again?

"I am invisible" would have been more appropriate.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky
Whatever dude.
It's a "dude-ette", according to their profile. Of course, there's no telling how true that is (but if it is, one or two people spring to mind).
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-15, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenerd
This isn't the first time a user has registered a new account and then feigned ignorance to "defend" the person in the primary account that he just attacked with the other account.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-05-15, 14:44

To reiterate what has already been said well by the other mods, admins, and just plain members:

We lock threads for a reason. If you have an issue with anyone, or with the locking of a thread, or anything else, use the private messaging system. We're people too, you know. AN isn't a business, it's a hobby, and it's not really up to you to tell us how to run our site. We'll listen to your input, but remember that if you want anything to change it's the mods and admins who have to do it on their own free time without any form of compensation other than the satisfaction of having improved the site.

I think I'm going to leave this thread open just to spite you... closing it and banning you would only prove your point. We will listen to criticism, but we ask that you not be so incredibly childish about it. Oh, and it's also fun to encourage people to ridicule you, so we may as well leave it open for that reason too.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-05-15, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky
Whatever dude.
Best response so far.
Oompa Loompa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-05-15, 14:45

You really xxx up. You are a xxx. Go away and feel VERY ashamed, you xxxx.

EDIT: I should never post while angry...
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-15, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenerd
You know applenerd, if you didn't like how threads were closed, or for that matter anything else regarding how the site is run, you're more than welcome to submit feedback.

There's the feedback forum or PM's to the mods/admins of the site. Creating an account, specifically to attack a person, while offering no useful feedback doesn't help anyone.

After looking through your posting history, I didn't see any glaring examples of what you're referring to with your new badbrad account, so please fill me in.

Now, since we're no longer pretending that you're a user who just registered their one and only account, and "sacrificed it for the good of all" (I see you tried to kiss a little ass with your applenerd account), do you have any constructive criticism?

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-05-15, 14:49

Oompa loompas shouldn't talk that way. What would Mr. Wonka say?
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-05-15, 14:53

Quote:
I apologize for any feelings hurt and I hope I don't get IP banned (even though it wouldn't work).

sorry.
That isn't really an apology (at least in my book) when you are confrontational and an ass in your "apology", but that might just be me.
¡Damned!

2006-05-15, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
This isn't the first time a user has registered a new account and then feigned ignorance to "defend" the person in the primary account that he just attacked with the other account.
I knew it!
faramirtook
A for effort.

2006-05-15, 14:54

*sets up lawn chair next to brass band*

*pulls up cooler*

Can't wait for the fireworks, eh?

¡Damned!

2006-05-15, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oompa Loompa
You really xxx up. You are a xxx. Go away and feel VERY ashamed, you xxxx.

EDIT: I should never post while angry...
I wouldn't sweat it. I swear like a sailor when I'm in a good mood.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-05-15, 15:01

Quote:
Well, guys I would like to apologize for some of the hits I have taken. I love this site,
You picked a fine way to show it.

Quote:
and that is why I won't leave.
I personally think you (and your *other* identities ) should be banned for a year.

Maybe that will encourage you to grow up and act like a responsible member of whatever 'other' community you choose to inhabit besides ours.

May, 2007. Sounds like an appropriate amount of time for you to stay away and add some maturity to your bag of tricks.