AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Unfair locking of threads

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Unfair locking of threads
Page 2 of 8 Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  Next Last Thread Tools
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 15:03

I'd personally be fine if he never came back. Maybe he can go somewhere else and insult and assume things about other people's dead friends.
applenerd
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-05-15, 15:10

I find it funny how angry and accusing people are (including badBrad). I, as the only one to agree (semi-agree) with badBrad, have become and easy scapegoat. Brad has only shut down one of my threads (and that was a while ago in april) and I agreed with what he had to say. Now moving away from personal bashing I would like to say some REAL arguments for what this topic is really about (that is too much locking, not brad being bad). I'm sure as mac users we have all used the apple discussions. If you guys haven't noticed I have never really seen a topic be locked there. I only see other users saying this post is in the wrong spot and they should repost to get better results. One admin asked if people had examples of locks. I cannot remember any and this thread is a little to crazy for me to invest much time in but I do remember (unless my memory is messed up) that there was a new mac user who had a question. The thread was locked for some reason or another, and I wondered how that ex-PC user felt in the new supposedly "nice" mac environment felt when his thread was locked down by a fellow mac user.

Back off topic (or onto what this thread has turned into): You people are just egging badBrad on by calling him names. I have to agree with not shutting the topic down, but stop stooping to badBrad's level and arguing and accusing. If you disagree with badBrad (or my slightly less fanatical view) then state why you think brad (and other admins) should keep the forums so neat.

applenerd
applenerd
BANNED

2006-05-15, 15:12

On another note, I wonder what brads accusation has done to my opinions on other boards. Can't be nearly as bad as badbrads though!!!
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-05-15, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenerd
I find it funny how angry and accusing people are (including badBrad). I, as the only one to agree (semi-agree) with badBrad,
What, you still want people to believe that you're not the same person?

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-05-15, 15:16

I personally agree with every administrative action I've encountered here at AN with no exception. Even if I did disagree, it's their house and you have to play by their rules. And if you do have a problem, PM an admin. That's what PM is there for. If they disagree, that's entirely up to them. However, Brad et al are very decent and reasonable people, and I'm sure they wouldn't ignore a reasonable request. Like it says in the venerable posting guidelines:

Quote:
AppleNova is a privately owned and operated forum. Posters are allowed a great deal of flexibility in their posts, but you must be respectful of other members and the guidelines. We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our Posting Guidelines or is a negative disruption to our community.
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-05-15, 15:17

Quote:
I find it funny how angry and accusing people are (including badBrad). I, as the only one to agree (semi-agree) with badBrad, have become and easy scapegoat.
Are you still here?

Fuck off, badBrad.

Oompa Loompa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-05-15, 15:19

Quote:
On another note, I wonder what brads accusation has done to my opinions on other boards. Can't be nearly as bad as badbrads though!!!
I will say this once, and I'll say it respectfully. Dear Applenerd: Brad and the other admins/ mods keep this site neat to save all of us the trouble of reading threads or posts that contain nothing of interest. Read the posting guidelines... it wouldn't hurt. Happy birthday Applenova; it's a great place.
Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2006-05-15, 15:22

Quote:
I find it funny how angry and accusing people are (including badBrad)....
You have got to be kidding me. I'm surprised people haven't come down harder. How would you react if I came into your house and said "I'm disappointed in you. Your recently deceased roommate would have done a better job of tidying this place up?"

Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-05-15, 15:23

Applenerd, it's pretty clear that *you* are the starter of this thread.

Hiding behind the skirts of another identity to post your complaints? Wow. Impressive.
applenerd
BANNED

2006-05-15, 15:30

People still haven't stopped accusing me and they are still killing this topic. One admin said to not make this personal. Well almost everyone is (including the murbot with the entertaining image). You guys really aren't thinking different.

I'm dissappointed with this site. I did not know mac users had so much anger in them. Well, I guess after nothing at april fools and we're all waiting till august could make people a little snappy.
applenerd
BANNED

2006-05-15, 15:33

Good analogy from majost though. I would like to make another analogy. Steve jobs was forced from apple (wrongly!). He came back. I may be back too.

BTW: I don't imply that I am as import as steve.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-05-15, 15:35

Quote:
Good analogy from majost though. I would like to make another analogy. Steve jobs was forced from apple (wrongly!). He came back. I may be back too.
Conceited aren't we.

Quote:
BTW: I don't imply that I am as import as steve.
No, you aren't as "import". But you share some of his very worst character traits.
BarracksSi
BANNED

2006-05-15, 15:36

*looks over from playing Zelda*

Huh? Oh, someone's taking a web forum seriously. What a dumbass.

*goes back to playing*
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-05-15, 15:36

I have a good analogy, badBrad.

When I take a rather large, smelly dump, I flush it immediately. Sure I can't ban it completely, ie: parts might come back up if something goes wonky with the plumbing. But dammit, I'll flush again every time I see some of that shit poke its head up. And if the shit keeps trying to convince me it's not shit, but rather puke or piss, I just chuckle and flush.

Quote:
Well almost everyone is (including the murbot with the entertaining image)
The Murbot.

I like that.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-15, 15:37

Quote:
I find it funny ......

blah blah

HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

You have GOT to be kidding me. You think we don't know that you're the same person as "badbrad".

Please.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and hoped that by cutting through all this bullshit you might bring whatever your issue actually is to the forefront so it can be dealt with.

Grow up or get lost. You have a problem, air it. Keep playing this stupid good cop/bad cop routine and you'll find out that we actually have a wide variety of ways to get rid of lame members.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-05-15, 15:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracksSi

*goes back to playing*

Be line yet!

This has been entertaining though...reminds me of a MacGeek2xxx episode.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-15, 15:40

Quote:
I'm dissappointed with this site. I did not know mac users had so much anger in them. Well, I guess after nothing at april fools and we're all waiting till august could make people a little snappy.
We do not suffer fools gladly.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-05-15, 15:41

Hell, there's gotta be drama at every birthday party. It's AppleNova's 'Who Shot JR' episode.
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-05-15, 15:44

Has anyone seen stevegong?

I think someone needs something rubbed in their hair.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 15:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracksSi

*goes back to playing*
My favorite post ever.

Honestly, though, if you want to be taken seriously, don't sign up for a new account just to bitch. If nothing else, that's a violation of the posting guidelines worthy of a ban for the new name and all others you may be posting under. Obviously you take this place seriously enough that you want to be a part of it. However, I'm pretty sure you won't be for much longer. Goodbye. Good riddance.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
chucker

2006-05-15, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
I have a good analogy, badBrad.

When I take a rather large, smelly dump, I flush it immediately. Sure I can't ban it completely, ie: parts might come back up if something goes wonky with the plumbing. But dammit, I'll flush again every time I see some of that shit poke its head up. And if the shit keeps trying to convince me it's not shit, but rather puke or piss, I just chuckle and flush.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 15:55

I couldn't be happier that a thread of this quality showed up on ANs second birthday.
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-15, 15:57

NEW TO THE APPLENOVA STORE

the "I am invincible" product line

¡Damned!

2006-05-15, 15:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
I couldn't be happier that a thread of this quality showed up on ANs second birthday.
Indeed. It's nice to see that we all come together as a group for the important things.
SpecMode
Wait what

2006-05-15, 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH™
NEW TO THE APPLENOVA STORE

the "I am invincible" product line

...I am willing to bet enough to buy a T-shirt that we will indeed see this in the AN store inside of a week.
Oompa Loompa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-05-15, 15:59

Yawn, etcetera, goodnight sweethearts!
¡Damned!

2006-05-15, 16:03

I had just the first 3 photos on screen and thought for sure you were trying to send a subliminal IBL.
SpecMode
Wait what

2006-05-15, 16:06

I don't think there was anything 'subliminal' about it.

That being said, I think most of us have gotten the mocking out of our system (for the time being), so maybe it's about time we shoot this thread in the dome and be done with it.
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-15, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode
maybe it's about time we shoot this thread in the dome and be done with it.
No Way! badBrad/applenerd is our Birthday Piñata!

We can't stop until he's smashed to pieces and all the candy is out
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-15, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH™
Pin-iota
¿Piñata?