Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Post your computer setup pic

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Post your computer setup pic
Page 47 of 48 First Previous 43 44 45 46 [47] 48  Next Thread Tools
Asher

2012-08-30, 05:45

I have made a new kind of setup of my computer table with apple theme but i have no my computer
setup pic rite now otherwise i have post here a photo of my computer setup anyways this is
nice computer setup i like this apple theme setup...
AWR
Veteran Member

2012-08-30, 06:03

Sweeet!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-30, 15:01

Oh why not...

It's not much of an update to my setup, but I did recently hang this work of art (18"x24") on the wall above/behind my desk at home.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-09-19, 18:21

same desk.... new location....

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2012-09-20, 10:00

Who makes your chair BU?
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-09-20, 10:06

It's a Herman miller Aeron chair

http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Aeron-Chair
Ryan
Veteran Member

2013-08-30, 21:51

New 15" rMBP and dual external monitors here, just in time for my new office.

GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-05-01, 08:45

After my old Dell 2709W got more and more issues, I finally bought a new monitor. As most candidates had one or the other no-go for my specific needs, I ended up spending a bit more than originally planned. I ended up with a NEC PA272W...

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-05-01, 09:32

My late 2009 iMac is still chugging along, though its guts have been...rearranged somewhat in the last year or so (HDD replaced by SSD, failed HDD fan replaced, several internal components left disconnected after the last surgery, etc). (Also, yes, those are two Time Capsules acting as a makeshift stand – they're both broken, so I decided to put them to a somewhat unorthodox use.)

To the left is a HP ZR2440w I won in a company raffle last summer, which is awesome for reading documentation or long pages of text in portrait mode while I'm working in Xcode on the main display.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-05-01, 18:10

I saw your set up and was trying to figure out how you were able to get any decent reception from those Time Capsules.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2014-05-01, 18:13

When I saw the iMac sitting on the Time Capsules I was thinking to myself, how are they not getting crushed? I guess the metal frame on the TC is more robust than I thought!
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-05-01, 23:46

The iMac isn't that heavy, and the weight is distributed over the entire top surface of the Time Capsules by the built-in stand. That, and the TCs themselves are pretty sturdy.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2014-05-02, 05:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpotter View Post
After my old Dell 2709W got more and more issues, I finally bought a new monitor. As most candidates had one or the other no-go for my specific needs, I ended up spending a bit more than originally planned. I ended up with a NEC PA272W...
Haha! Well you got a good one, that’s for sure. I like it. What headphones are those on the far-right of your photo? And is that black box behind them a field audio recorder?

SpecMode: I think that’s a Uniden scanner of some sort, but which one?

Even though I wouldn’t want to be surrounded with all that electronic clutter on a daily basis, I do like picking out the hard drives and other peripherals you lot show in your setup photos. Yup, I’m nosey!

… engrossed in such factional acts as dreaming different dreams.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-05-02, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
Haha! Well you got a good one, that’s for sure. I like it. What headphones are those on the far-right of your photo? And is that black box behind them a field audio recorder?
I like it too. Although there are some things to get used to (16:9 vs 16:10 aspect ratio, higher dpi count, IPS glow), but many other small nice things, like the USB hub that switches with the monitor inputs. And the colors are gorgeous.

Regarding the headphones: This is an old Stax SR-5 gold. The box is the corresponding pre-amp SRD-6. These are electrostatic headphones which i bought about 25 years ago. And they still sound great.

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-05-02, 08:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
SpecMode: I think that’s a Uniden scanner of some sort, but which one?
It is indeed! It's a BCD996XT, with a mag-mount antenna hiding out of frame at the top of the window. It sees occasional use in support of one of my many hobbies.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2014-05-07, 02:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpotter View Post
This is an old Stax SR-5 gold. The box is the corresponding pre-amp SRD-6. These are electrostatic headphones which i bought about 25 years ago. And they still sound great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
It is indeed! It's a BCD996XT, with a mag-mount antenna hiding out of frame at the top of the window. It sees occasional use in support of one of my many hobbies.
Cool gear, gents.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2014-05-07, 06:12

I noticed the wide gamut monitors in some of the posts. Anyone here using these beasts hooked up through thunderbolt? Apple's thunderbolt/OSX implementation is a little weird and a lot of wide gamut monitors don't display correctly when plugged in via thunderbolt. From my reading it appears that thunderbolt output is read as YPbPr instead of RGB when hooked up to display port, and you have to hack it a little to force RGB output over thunderbolt. I'm just curious if this is an Apple omission or an incomplete on the part of Dell/Asus/Viewsonic. Seems NEC/Ezio would probably understand YPbPr input via display port if it was indeed part of the complete spec.

PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2015-03-08, 02:41

Random late night shot, needs some work

PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2019-08-10, 18:18

Current "daily driver" setup. 2010 MacBook and 2005 iBook out of frame to my left. Messier than usual due to some device charging.

Edit: SWEET JESUS Imgur didn't downsize that photo at all. Link instead: https://imgur.com/a/SstOQu1
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-08-11, 11:58

Tase yourself for fun?
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2019-08-11, 16:27

Nah, it was just recharging. Not many places I can do that because the cord for it is literally like 4" so I have to do it on a desk with an extension cord.

I did test it on myself when I first got it to see how well it worked... It works!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-05-11, 11:04

I took this for my Genius Bar thread, but makes more sense here:

I use the picture of the chairs as a bounce board for the desk lamp when making Zoom calls. It's works pretty well.

(Pic: iPhone 11, wide angle camera.)
Graculus

2020-05-12, 08:49

Couldn't resist. Circa 1983.

Last edited by Graculus : 2020-05-12 at 08:50. Reason: pic link
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-05-12, 11:14

We've come a little ways.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2020-05-13, 02:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I took this for my Genius Bar thread, but makes more sense here:

I use the picture of the chairs as a bounce board for the desk lamp when making Zoom calls. It's works pretty well.

(Pic: iPhone 11, wide angle camera.)
Is that a Macally solar keyboard? I recently got a Magic so I’m not in the market, but happened to be browsing Macally the other day and they seem to have an impressive keyboard line.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-05-13, 08:54

It is the Macally Solar. I like it. It feels sufficiently Magic Keyboard like without the battery charging downsides. I finally settled on it after a longish search. I do love my Logitech MX Master, so wanted to get the fancy Logitech with the dial - but just couldn't justify the expense.

My only real issue is that it is a bit slow to wake back up after going to sleep.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2020-05-13, 10:18

Behold, the jankiest standing desk imaginable.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-05-13, 10:44

A bit of napkin sketching and $10-15 at Home Depot for a 1x8 and some screws might be worth looking into. Would be safer/sturdier, long haul. That just looks like something waiting to ruin your day.

Then again, it isn't my stuff so why should I care. Do what works for you.

I have a curious, active cat, so there's way I could be that "adventurous"...it would all be on the floor within 90 minutes.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2020-05-13, 17:24

It’s been surprisingly stable! Plus no cat or kids etc in my place anyways.

And all that equipment is owned by my employer and I’m due for a laptop upgrade anyways.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2020-05-13, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
Been a while for this thread, and I just added a piece to my setup.

So here it is, with the new iPhone bluetooth headset thrown in there.

EDIT: I also added the LaCie DVD burner in there too, bc the iMac's Superdrive had been giving me some fits.
I still have this iMac, which I picked up from Kraetos a loooooongggg time ago now.

Been a long time for me with this thread, so it's time for an update. (There was a work setup picture at one point, but that picture is long gone.

It's a bit of a mess and the picture quality is awful, but here's where I"m at now:

- 21.5" 4K iMac 2019)
- 27" Thunderbolt Display
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 13" MacBook Pro (2019

and the rest of the stuff is thrown about. Beats Solo Pro headphones, which I love. Epson scanner for work stuff temporarily. Two original Apple Watches which both kicked the bucket last week for different reasons. A Nintendo Switch hanging out in the corner which hasn't been played as much as I would like.

Last edited by kieran : 2020-05-13 at 23:10.