Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Diablo 3

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Diablo 3
Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2012-02-02, 00:36

Anyone else on here in the Diablo 3 beta? I just got my invite today and i'm almost happy enough to squee!!!

Anyways if you're in the beta post here and if we want to set up some PVP teams I'm down.

Anyone know if there is a guild system built into D3?

"History will be kind to me because i intend to write it" -- Winston Churchill

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. -- Winston Churchill
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-02-02, 01:05

I'm not in (yet), but either once I am or once the full release is out, I'm down.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-02-02, 12:16

No, I have it pre-ordered though. How are you liking it?
Dave
Ninja Editor

2012-02-02, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuh View Post
I just got my invite today and i'm almost happy enough to squee!!!
Go on... let it out...
Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2012-02-03, 19:18

So far it's good the gameplay is better than d2. However the story lacks and so far you can only get to level 10.
ggnorekthx

2012-03-19, 11:56

I've got the collector's edition on pre-order. I hope it is great, but I expect it won't be as good as Diablo II was.
sachmo1337

2012-03-19, 12:00

I need to get some new parts for my comp. But I also have a d3 pre-order. I can't wait!
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-03-19, 17:35

I'll likely be grabbing the pre-order for collector's edition, but need to see how my funds are.
ggnorekthx

2012-03-19, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I'll likely be grabbing the pre-order for collector's edition, but need to see how my funds are.
Seems to be worth it - definitely has a lot more to it than the Skyrim one did. I didn't buy that one, but it was what? A statue and a map? At least the Diablo one has a Soulstone USB drive loaded with D2. Can't really go wrong with that, lol.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-05-14, 13:44

Diablo III is being released tomorrow. Or, tonight at midnight, apparently. I did get into the beta about a month ago, and maxed out a Monk, Witch Doctor, Barbarian and Demon Hunter. I liked the Monk the best, with the Barbarian a close second.

Anyway, for any of you who pre-ordered digitally, you can go to battle.net now and download the 7-ish GB installer, and then at midnight you should be able to run it and install the game.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-07-18, 16:52

I got into Whimsyshire the other day, and recorded it. Whimsyshire is like the cow level but harder to get into and it doesn't have cows. It does have chubby unicorns and murderous teddy bears though. And happy clouds and rainbows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27j060jpA2E
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2012-07-19, 08:27

D3 has been such a disappointment to me. I'm already tired of it, and none of my friends are even interested in playing anymore.
Wrao
Yarp

2012-07-20, 01:00

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with the game for a month or so, but it died/got old pretty quickly. Something about the Auction House saps a lot of the old fun of finding great loot, and even though there are probably dozens of random areas and events I haven't seen yet, the areas don't feel quite as expansive or random as they did in Diablo 2. I think my biggest issue though is that gear is too balanced and too predictable for the most part and the overwhelming majority of gear you find is only useful as something to sell on the AH to save up gold to buy awesome gear. You can't really say anything against Blizzard's ability to balance a game, but I think part of the fun in Diablo 2 was specifically that you'd always find gear that was kind of overpowered, at least for a while, then you'd progress and it'd be less valuable but there'd always be a new piece to find that was just as overpowered. In Diablo 3, that sensation is basically neutered, most of the time you get gear it's perfectly within the type of gear your level 'should' be getting, and most of the attributes, even on legendary pieces, aren't really dramatic.

It's frustrating in a way because you look at how well the game is designed and thought out and the skill system and the gear system and the level design and boss battles really are masterfully put together, they're just... not that much fun after a while. Diablo 2 probably holds a record for me in terms of longest running, most addictive, still-able-to-be-fun-even-after-12-years gameplay, but I haven't had any real desire to pick up Diablo 3 at all past a certain point. Oh well.

I suspect that the game will get a lot better in the coming years. They will patch it, add features and functionality, maybe even do something drastic like reset the AH periodically(or introduce a play mode that has it completely disabled) there will likely be an expansion pack, and of course the biggest thing to look forward to is PvP. But until then, I had my fun with the game and I'm not really looking to continue onward. Not sure if I really got my $60 worth, but maybe if I fire it up in a year or two and can enjoy it, then it'll be a different story.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-07-20, 02:15

I guess PvP will turn in a richBich vs poorBastard. I don't even own the game but my friends are complaining about the AH. Hope the cash you put in the game won't be too much of a factor... Seriously, there's people buying weapons for 200$ ?
Kyros

2012-07-22, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegatool View Post
I guess PvP will turn in a richBich vs poorBastard. I don't even own the game but my friends are complaining about the AH. Hope the cash you put in the game won't be too much of a factor... Seriously, there's people buying weapons for 200$ ?
The claim is that you will be gear-matched with your opponent in some way. As long as Blizzard has an actual clue about what makes an item powerful, it should be reasonably successful.

Unibody, 17 inch, 2.66 GHz, 8 GB, 320 GB + 64GB SSD (No DVD), Snow Leopard
Pismo, 400 MHz, 1 GB, 40 GB, Panther
Graphite Clamshell iBook, 466 MHz, 576 MB, 30 GB, Panther, 1024x768 screen