Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Can I change my .mac email address?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Can I change my .mac email address?
markw10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2007-08-13, 22:23

I got a .mac account around 10 months ago. I haven't used it much but now with the increase in space I plan to start using it a lot. I'm not happy with the email address I created so before I start giving it out I want to create a new email address. Is it possible to do this? I know since my subscription is almost over I could simply wait and do a new .mac account instead of renewing. Also, I've heard that you can create a email only account under your .mac account and use it and then at the renewal of your primary .mac account make it into your primary account? Is that true and if so how much space do you have while it's a email only account?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-08-13, 23:03

Go into the Webmail and create an email Alias. Then you only have to give out the alias and it'll be treated like your main email account. Mail.app and .Mac Webmail will show it as the alias even though it's connected to your main account. You get 5 alias' per user too so you can create a "throw away" address for spam laden places.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.