User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

anyone here with dead pixels on their macbooks?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
anyone here with dead pixels on their macbooks?
krnholeboy32

2006-09-01, 17:17

I went through basically 4 macbooks all black before I got a refund they all had at least 1 dead pixel on the screen... am I just unlucky or is it common to see it in the macbooks since they use a cheaper glass than the mbp's? Anyone here with a dead pixel cause I used a dead pixel finder 1.2 to look at all the different colors to find the dead pixels. Also is it normal for the macbooks on the screen where it saids "macbook" to be loose from the screen like detached?? And finally I thought the first 2 macbooks I had the fans were quiet even if it was on at full when the cpu was at 100% but then the last two I had the fans were crazy loud just like the fans on the powerbook g4 12", sounds like a vacuum slowly revving up eventually couldnt be alone in a quiet room with the macbook either.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-09-01, 17:23

Ramble much?

What was the point of your post?

I've got 2 stuck, not dead, pixels on my MacBook. They bother me, but it doesn't affect my ability to use the thing so I'm just living with it. This is first time in all my years of owning Apple laptops that I had a stuck pixel. That would be over the course of 7 years (wow, have I been a Mac user that long? Time flies) and 7 laptops.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-09-01, 17:26

Wow, you're complaining because of 1 dead pixel? Considering all the pixels on the screen the probability of you getting a perfect screen... Anyways, I had 1 dead pixel on my 12" PowerBook and PowerBook pixels are much bigger than a MacBooks.


fantastic happy dinner ma

2006-09-01, 22:45

all pixels reporting for duty here
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-09-01, 23:13

I have never had a dead pixel on any Apple laptop.

I do have one in the corner of my 20" Cinema Display, but it appeared after some time, and after British Airways played international air frisbee with my computer when shipping it to Thailand. So I blame British Airways.. Have I ever mentioned what a crap airline British Airways are? and that British Airways suck, have the rudest staff, the most asshat rules, and are one of the most dishonest and unscrupulous airlines in the world?

I just mention it so that people can fly with any airline other than British Airways, because if you do fly with British Aiirways you will regret it. Overpriced, rude and crappy airline.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
ironlung

2006-09-01, 23:41

Really? The last time I flew british airways it was quite pleasant.. but that was years ago.. maybe things have changed.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2006-09-02, 00:28

Can someone enlighten me as to the quickest way to check for a dead pixel?

The Sherway Gardens store opens today, and I may head down in a few days to buy a 23" iMac.

This will be my first flat panel, so I'm anxious to ensure its OK before leaving the store.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-09-02, 03:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Can someone enlighten me as to the quickest way to check for a dead pixel?
It's dead if it's always black. It's stuck if it always displays a certain color.

Fill the screen with something white (like a blank TextEdit document or this great little app). If you see any stray black pixels, they're probably dead.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.