User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Amy Winehouse: scary, but not dead yet! Edit: found dead 2011-07-23.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Amy Winehouse: scary, but not dead yet! Edit: found dead 2011-07-23.
Page 4 of 13 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Last Thread Tools
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-07, 11:46

It's not derailed. More sagging boob and bony chest pictures are sure to follow soon. Sometimes the truth just needs to be said. I'll stop now. Until the next picture.

...into the light of a dark black night.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-09-07, 13:11

As the originator of this thread, I deem it totally okay to talk about weight/body image issues here...Ms. Winehouse's sickly, wiry mouse frame of a body triggers such discussion naturally, so trying to arbitrarily curtail it seems excessively petty and rigid to me.

It's my thread, so talk about this stuff - as it's being triggered by her awful appearance to begin with. It's important.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

And Souflay123, I'm sure you just fine the way you do. Don't aspire to this sort of look, please. It's not healthy and it's not attractive. The only people who think it does are ones who look that way themselves. Or, worse, they're fashion industry twats, and, frankly, their opinion and outlook shouldn't count for shit, period. They're screwed-up and out-of-touch beyond all reason. In fact, strive to do the opposite of anything you hear on those Bravo, Style Channel or VH-1 model/fashion shows! Those idiots are the last people who should be giving weight/style/image advice, IMO. For every teenage girl who is starving herself or puking up her lunch in the bathroom every afternoon, I blame these people and that industry (fashion/glamour/entertainment).

BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-09-07, 13:27

I'm assuming Soulfay said that stuff sarcastically. After all, no trainer would have you looking emaciated like that anyway. And if you're going to a trainer to lose muscle as well as fat, oh, boy are you gonna be pissed at that trainer!

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-09-07, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
I'm assuming Soulfay said that stuff sarcastically.
I kinda hope so. I figured she was, but you never can tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
After all, no trainer would have you looking emaciated like that anyway.
I don't know...you sure about all of them? I would imagine, just like any profession, there are some incompetent, maladjusted types out there as well in this particular field.

¡Damned!

2007-09-07, 14:40

Maybe somebody could enlighten me to what '600 a month' means? Does it have to do with some sort of training? For what?

I don't exercise like that, so I wouldn't know.

I may be dumb, but chicks dig me. So there.

So it goes.

BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

2007-10-23, 12:53

So Maxim, that arbiter of fine taste, has officially declared Amy to be Scary(tm) and by scary, I mean one of "The Five Unsexiest Women Alive" (she's #2):

http://www.maxim.com/Entertainment/2.../7315/435.aspx

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-23, 13:39

Haha...the thread that won't die! Coming this fall to a theater near you.

I agree with three of Maxim's choices, but I'm sorry...Madonna is sexier now than she was back in the day (IMO), and I've always thought Sarah Jessica Parker had it going on. I'd take her over any of the twit Jessicas (Alba, Biel or Simpson), or any vacant-faced supermodel types (Giselle, etc.).

She's got a great look (that pic at Maxim isn't one of the best, but they chose it deliberately, I'm guessing).

She's "divorced, early-40's, single-mom-next-door you shamelessly flirt with at the mailbox every other day" fineness!. A little quirky-looking, but that's what I like about her. Ferris Bueller is a lucky man.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-10-23 at 13:54.

BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

2007-10-23, 13:42

Gotta say, I've never understood the appeal of Sarah Jessica Parker insofar as her being physically attractive. Her looks and voice leave a lot to be desired.

Now Charlize Theron on the other hand.... lookswise anyway.... yummmmmmmmmmmmmy....

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-23, 13:59

Ha...that's funny because I don't find Charlize Theron attractive in any way. She's just "there", for me. She's not ugly, don't get me wrong, but I don't find her anything special or "more than most". Honestly, I've seen more stunning, eye-catching women at a Target on a Saturday afternoon. She's a bit more "moon pie-faced" than I tend to go for. She always kinda reminded me of Alison Krauss or Christina Ricci.

She was mildly cute in that movie about the devil with Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves, but I think that was mostly her accent and the way her character came across (although she did look better after she got that sassy, shorter haircut at Pacino's suggestion).

Just goes to show how different we all are, huh?

BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

2007-10-23, 16:44

U R crayzeeeeee

gsxrboy

2007-10-23, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Honestly, I've seen more stunning, eye-catching women at a Target on a Saturday afternoon...
I completely agree, not only in regards to her, but to many of the so called airbrushed beauties that grace the pages and screen. There are amazingly beautiful girls in all shapes and sizes around when you look that are the equal/better to most of these stars. That's not to say they are not attractive, far from it, but the media portrays these people as the pinnacle when clearly they are not.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-23, 19:33

That's a cool magazine cover design, but I still stand by my "she's not all that" statement.

Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-10-25, 15:09

Yeah, I think she's pretty, and sexy.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-25, 15:21

She reminds me of someone else in that photo...a newscaster or reporter - maybe even another actress (perhaps an older one from the 40's, 50's or 60's?)...I can't place the name. She looks "smoke-y" there, her eyes. That's a nice pic, no doubt. Girl's not lacking in the "full, pouty lips" department, huh?

I'd pay good money to see her and Angelina in a "kiss-off"...who'd devour who first?

*sigh* I'm going straight to the devil...

AWR
Veteran Member

2007-10-25, 15:21

Grrrr.

Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-10-25, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
She looks "smoke-y" there, her eyes. That's a nice pic, no doubt. Girl's not lacking in the "full, pouty lips" department, huh?
Definitely great cheekbones, and nice pouty mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR View Post
Grrrr.

A man of few words, it seems.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-15, 19:12

Yikes...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...eoplewinehouse

Not good.

I heard that she called the audience "monkey c***s" (rhymes with punts).

An inspired bit of wordsmithing. Way to get the crowd on your side, Amy.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-11-15, 19:25

Suicide imminent. Someone should put her on Cobain watch.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-12-18, 16:54

The saga continues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/7150811.stm

Foj
Veteran Member

2007-12-18, 17:01

Things aren't going all that great for her right now.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-12-18, 17:35

Yeah that picture is less than encouraging.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-12-18, 17:45

Really sad that people can just louse their lives up to such a degree. And she can sing! She could have a nice life, adored by millions, traveling the world and entertaining people, making a comfortable living, etc.

Instead...

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-12-18, 23:14

So she's the UK's version of Hilton and Lohan?

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-12-18, 23:19

No, it's worse...she has actually more talent/ability than either of them (especially Hilton), so it's genuinely sad that she's going to probably piss away what could be a nice, comfortable life.

It's hard enough to make it in today's pop world. But she's had some success and might be able to do so something with it (she's got more of a voice and presence than so many flash-in-the-pan pop tarts who only have two singles in them). It's a shame that once she's reached a nice level of success, something others would give their front teeth to do, she just tosses it away (or is on the verge of doing so).

Lohan and Hilton, as messed up and annoying as they can be (and have been), don't strike me as "wallowing in the gutter/dying young" types. I don't see Winehouse making her 30th birthday (she's 24, but she seems like she's about 44)...

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-12-18, 23:23

Uh, Hilton and Lohan have precisely *zero* talent, so not saying much. Paris Hilton became famous for one and only one reason. She's a Hilton. That and she got ravished by Brian Urlacher. Find a better analogy. As much as I don't like people who are self-destructive for no reason, I still like her better than either Hilton or Lohan.

I think Curt Cobain might be a more logical comparison in a lot of ways. She's just not as famous as Cobain was and hasn't yet offed herself.

...into the light of a dark black night.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-12-18, 23:33

Are you talking to me or turtle?

Foj
Veteran Member

2008-01-24, 17:30

They finally got her into rehab

Eugene
careful with axes

2008-01-24, 17:41

http://thesuperficial.com/2008/01/am...hp?bfm_index=3

Sexy...

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-01-24, 17:41

Well if it takes about as well as it does over here to our stateside celebutards, I'm not expecting much of a change (Britney Spears somehow managed to come out of rehab worse than when she went in).

This has happened a few times with Winehouse (early talk of rehab, or "she's going!"). I'll wager $1 she bolts by Sunday.

The big uproar came from the video of her smoking something from a glass pipe.

Koodari
Veteran Member

2008-01-25, 07:12

Everyone's seen Trainspotting I gather. The scene where Renton stocks up on food and holes up in a room to get clean? And the one where his parents lock him up for the same reason?

If I was loaded with money and determined to get rid of a drug problem, I think I'd start with Renton's method. Find small tropical island with nothing man-made or poisonous on it, buy myself transport there with enough supplies (food, water, clothes, first aid, tent), no communication device, pickup arranged in two or three weeks' time. That at least guarantees that all the crap leaves your system and there's enough silence and space that you can't drown your problems in noise and activity. Wonder why the celebs do not do this.

Of course therapy/counseling and getting rid of the factors in the "normal" daily life that drive you to substance abuse would be a high priority, but I'd think there would be a greater chance of success with those things if they came after the "survivor" treatment has removed the surface of the problems.