Coolest USB hub in existence

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Coolest USB hub in existence
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2007-07-23, 20:20

Well, any ideas?

I really like this, but it's out of stock, and I'd like some other leads... thanks in advance!
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-23, 20:45

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSecti...tion_Id=205966
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-23, 21:06

http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DUB-9240
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2007-07-23, 21:18

Quote:
This is yet another batch of creative products from SolidAlliance which consists of 4 USB sticks and a USB hub -- a device that allows many USB devices to be connected to a single USB port. The Rice-Tomato is the USB hub while the EbiFry (fried shrimp), Kani No Hasami Age (crab), Hamburg and Purin (caramel blank) are USB sticks with a capacity of 1 GB each.
I like that one.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-07-23, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
Shame you have to have Windows to use this one. I like the idea though. It'll be nice to see this being built into Macs in the future.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2007-07-23, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
Shame you have to have Windows to use this one. I like the idea though. It'll be nice to see this being built into Macs in the future.
http://www.belkin.com/networkusbhub/
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-07-23, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
Now that is a very useful device. It's the first time I've seen the ability to share a multi-function printer. It's not the same as the D-link one you posted earlier though; it had the ability to connect your USB devices away from your computer. This just allows you to share them wirelessly over you network. They still have to be wired directly to it. Just I could use my wife's MB while wirelessly scanning. This is a very nice feature, just not nice enough for $130 list price.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Koodari
Veteran Member

2007-07-23, 23:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post
Well, any ideas?

I really like this, but it's out of stock, and I'd like some other leads... thanks in advance!
That's a relatively decent effort but I think it would be a lot more fun if it had open source drivers for reading the switch positions, listening to changes and activating lights according to your own logic.

Then it would be up to you if punching the button produces a sound effect, erases your browser history, or explodes the bomb you have plugged into another USB port.

Couldn't be much more trouble to make either.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-07-24, 01:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodari View Post
That's a relatively decent effort but I think it would be a lot more fun if it had open source drivers for reading the switch positions, listening to changes and activating lights according to your own logic.

Then it would be up to you if punching the button produces a sound effect, erases your browser history, or explodes the bomb you have plugged into another USB port.

Couldn't be much more trouble to make either.
Ditto. I'd totally fork over $50 for that thing if the Big Red Button™ actually...did something.
SpecMode
Wait what

2007-07-24, 01:15

It may not be the ultimate USB hub, but I think it comes pretty darn close. I remember seeing it at Macworld back in '04 as a concept design, and it looks like they might finally be making a limited number of them available. Maybe.