AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

SIMPLE GPS track logger iOS app?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
SIMPLE GPS track logger iOS app?
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2013-11-16, 05:46

Hello, all.

I’m looking for an iOS 7 app for iPhone 5 that continuously tracks my whereabouts via GPS and then spits out a log file (by email?).

This log file would tell me where I was at any moment, and therefore where I was when I took a photo with a separate camera (with an accurate clock).

That’s all I want. I don’t want Dropbox synching, live mapping, a built-in compass, a user interface beyond start-pause-stop, etc.

I’m pretty sure I’ll have to compromise on my desire for simplicity here, but if you know something that comes close I’d love to hear it. I’m happy to pay a few euros for this.

Cheers!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2013-11-16, 14:59

Sounds like something I'd like to find as well.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-11-16, 19:35

GPSLogger is what I've been using when I want to use my phone to track my location.

MotionX GPS is another one I use. It's more featured than GPSLogger and has some points I like better.

If I want just basic behind the scenes logging I'll use the GPSLogger. If I want on-screen displaying of my current stats and such I use MotionX GPS.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2013-11-18, 08:52

Hey, thanks turtle. GPSLogger looks like the kind of thing I’m after. I think I’ll go for it. (MotionX GPS is the kind of thing I’m trying to avoid. )

I’d previously found EasyLogger, but it isn’t optimised for iPhone 5 (i.e. doesn’t fill the display) and the few settings that it does have managed to completely baffle me – in part, it turned out, because the translation (from German?) was pretty rubbish.