Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Share Your Best NFT Auctions Here

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Share Your Best NFT Auctions Here
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-12-16, 09:30

Serious posts only, no whiners or non-believers!!

I hope to soon offer some valuable NFTs and figured collectors here might like to share your favorite links to hot auctions here.

Are you planning on selling anything? Whatcha got?

I just saw an ad from Bicycle Playing Cards for some NFTs they'll be selling on a website called "kolectiv" (with a weird domain extension).

Again, take your complaints elsewhere, this post is only for enthusiastic NFT bros!!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-12-16, 10:17

How do I delete someone else's thread?
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2021-12-16, 10:39

Maybe I *like* funging things.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-16, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
You ask the mod to do it and provide an acceptable reason.

Like, for instance, "This is really creeping me out!"

drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-12-16, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Maybe I *like* funging things.
🤣🤣🤣

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-12-16, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
You ask the mod to do it and provide an acceptable reason.

Like, for instance, "This is really creeping me out!"

I think we need to close this, NFTs sound like illegal drugs, FBI monitoring will likely follow.

When I first saw the thread title I thought for sure it was a bot.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-16, 12:46

Not a good enough reason. I need a better one.

Until I see fungus growing or Drew explodes …

Or Chucker is 🤮

Or Paul cracks a worthy joke

In other words, the FBI don't scare me none!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-16, 12:51

Paul is honoring drew's request to stay out of thread. I actual don't even know what NFT is, so it's hard to complain, whine and/or non-believe when you don't know what something is. You're welcome.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-12-16, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
I actual don't even know what NFT is
By "queersamus" on Tumblr (I think?)

Quote:
imagine if you went up to the mona lisa and you were like "i'd like to own this" and someone nearby went "give me 65 million dollars and i'll burn down an unspecified amount of the amazon rainforest in order to give you this receipt of purchase" so you paid them and they went "here's your receipt, thank you for your purchase" and went to an unmarked supply closet in the back of the museum and posted a handmade label inside it behind the brooms that said "mona lisa currently owned by psmith2.0" so if anyone wants to know who owns it they'd have to find this specific closet in this specific hallway and look behind the correct brooms. and you went "can i take the mona lisa home now" and they went "oh god no are you stupid? you only bought the receipt that says you own it, you didn't actually buy the mona lisa itself, you can't take the real mona lisa you idiot. you CAN take this though." and gave you the replica print in a cardboard tube that's sold in the gift shop. also the person selling you the receipt of purchase has at no point in time ever owned the mona lisa.

unfortunately, if this doesnt really make sense or seem like any logical person would be happy about this exchange, then you've understood it perfectly
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-12-16, 14:42

Here is my latest NFT for sale:

NFTs may seem a fad,
but the guy telling you that is just your dad.
He doesn't understand how much the value went up in BitCoin,
which is not based on any national currency,
but on computational cycles of computers,
which could be used for cancer research instead of grinding out blockchain stuff
We are smarter than our parents

Again:
I am selling this one for 5 Bitcoins.
Please do not copy and share it anywhere.
I own this until somebody buys it from me.

Coda
Maybe chain of custody will benefit some legitimate business, but screw them, we will die on this hill that computer cycles hold value because that's what people do

Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-16, 14:42

Yep. I just bought a receipt that says I own $500,000,000,000. Y'all can suck it!

I also own the receipt that says I own the receipt, so don't get any funny ideas.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-12-16, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post

Yep. I just bought a receipt that says I own $500,000,000,000. Y'all can suck it!
Stop bragging.

I'm still waiting for your BitCoins to come through.

Do you want the picture of your receipt as a PNG or a JPEG or something else?

Maybe a TIFF?

Do those still open???

I can also do PICTs.

Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-16, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Stop bragging.

I'm still waiting for your BitCoins to come through.

Do you want the picture of your receipt as a PNG or a JPEG or something else?

Maybe a TIFF?

Do those still open???

I can also do PICTs.

I own this post, so please stop using it.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-12-16, 22:22

just kill me
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-17, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
just kill me
I think that's trademarked.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-12-17, 15:03

I own the NFT on the word, Trademark. Please refrain from using it. Each unauthorized use is worth 500 Bitcoins.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-17, 15:37

I just purchased a receipt that says I own the word "Bitcoin", so you owe me those 500 Bitcoins back.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-17, 15:41

You know, I consider myself tech savvy and I haven't even figured out how there is any hype in the NFT thing. Like, I feel like I have no clue what is going on but people are selling them for lots of money.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-17, 15:56

There's too much loose money floating around. Never a good thing for reality.
murbot
Hoonigan

2022-01-11, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
just kill me
Late to the party, but I must say I rarely identify with a post so strongly. errr
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-01-11, 06:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
Late to the party, but I must say I rarely identify with a post so strongly. errr
You shut your gob.
We sold you already for some Bradcoin.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-01-11, 11:15

chucker's quoted explanation is a pretty good analogy, but before I officially open up the Bradcoin market, I figured I'd also give a complete example of what I'm selling via NFTs so you know exactly what you get or don't get when you buy one.

Let's say I prepare to sell an NFT for this image. I just now made this. It's a Brad Original™. It's mine. Do not steal. Or I might get angry and tweet about it.

If you buy the NFT for that image, a message is recorded to the blockchain saying you bought it. "It" is the receipt of purchase, of course, not the image itself. But it's on the blockchain! That means it's publicly visible for the whole world to see! And it's cryptographically signed so there's very high confidence that the transaction actually occurred! Lots of people have a copy of that receipt, but they can't change it. You could sell the receipt to someone else, though, and there's be an equivalent new record that you sold it to them.

But anyone else can still just right-click to copy or save that image. (Do not steal!) Or take a screenshot of it. (Do not steal!)

Or I could stop hosting the image meaning nobody has access to the thing your receipt references. (But I'm not evil, right?)

All you really get is a very special token saying "I have a receipt from Brad that may be associated with that image", but knowing that the whole world can see that you are one of a select few people got that token just warms your heart and fills you with pride! And maybe empties your wallet.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2022-01-11, 11:39

In other words it’s like a photographer putting a watermark on a photo, that thousands of people download and share without paying. Someone else can just crop it out, and call it their own anyway. Essentially it’s pointless. As I figured, it’s a pyramid scheme.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-01-11, 12:22

It's even worse than that!

In that analogy it's more like the photographer putting their raw photo online, uncropped and without watermarks. Anyone can download and redistribute it, but the photographer goes on public record saying they took the photo for the buyer. Then when the photographer or the buyer actually realizes that anyone can download the image, they throw a tantrum on social media accusing people of "stealing" something that was posted to the public to see. It's like a new flavor of the Streisand Effect.

This has only happened like a hundred times so far it feels like.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
murbot
Hoonigan

2022-01-12, 01:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
You shut your gob.
We sold you already for some Bradcoin.

Pfft, let me see the receipt