Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Car audio receiver with an Audio Line in

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Car audio receiver with an Audio Line in
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-09, 00:59

I just got my first car, it's a 1990 Jeep Wrangler that I'm borrowing from my brother for the summer.

It presently has a CD player that is fairly cheap, and a set of nothing-special pioneer speakers.

Since it's an older car, and it's a cheap car, I don't wish to be putting a $400 receiver in it or anything very fancy, but I really want to put in something that I can plug my iPod into.

I hear Aiwa(or was it alpine?) has a receiver with an iPod input, but are there any others out there?

I don't really want to spend more than $100 for the aforementioned reason, I don't like receivers that have millions of TINY buttons and flashy lights. I just want something simple, cheap and with an audio line in.

Last edited by Wrao : 2004-06-09 at 01:10.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2004-06-09, 02:17

Word. This one will play regular CDs and MP3 CDs, and has an input on the front panel. It's also one of the cheaper ones I could find with a front panel aux input.
Spart

2004-06-09, 12:02

Yeah, all Aiwas have front aux-in jacks (they're 1/8" stereo) and I want one for this reason to replace my Pioneer. I've heard from a friend that the equalizer settings are fairly brainless, however. Although it could be that my friend just needed to RTFM.