User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

tiger + itunes phone = revolution

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
tiger + itunes phone = revolution
NaMo4184

2005-04-12, 22:37

after reading all of the products page i think that we can infer where apple is headed with this current technology. I think alot of it will show up in the coming itunes phone (yes the name is stupid but thats what it will probably be). Well here is my list of possible features:

1. There will be remote access to your itunes library and iphoto library(windows version ?)

You can infer this because of the remote home directory technology in tiger. Also, lets no forget its used to be possible to share itunes over the internet. Also why stop at music, the itunes phone will be able to get pictures from your iphoto library and windows users will beable to purchase iphoto for $ 50 USD.

To listen to the music will require a bluetooth head set. also it is possible to connect the phone to a tv to view you pictures.

2. RSS and Email.

Have your paper delivered to your pocket. This is possible with current phones. I used to have free phone internet and i was browsing the web like crazy but i always stuck to news sties as thee wasn't much clicking to do. very very addictive. I was also able to get my email from my phone as well. The only new thing apple would be doing is rss.

3. Write information directly into your phone with inkwell.

Yup thats going to be the std interface. you are going to write info into your phone with your finger or thumb. this is great for short notes, ical events, and address book info.

4. Games that are always with you.

Yup all this talk about an apple gaming division is true! and its going to be in the form of hand held phones. That processor that they bought will eat up core image like hot cakes.

Lets not forget the apple online gaming community that they are going to start.

5. have natural conversations via Audio/Video chat. Viop, jabber, aim, or phone to phone.

Well for those people who aren't gammers why let that chip go to waste. maybe some gps like tracking to see where your friends are. nothing specific just something like home, school work.

6. The operating system will not be tiger. I will be Dashboard

Dash board is really the only feasible way to quickly switch btw apps. It will not be like the dash board in the tiger obviously. It will be a combination of the dashboard we know it and cmd + tab. for fast app switching. maybe some expose`action.

7. Japan gets it first.

The mobile apple store is there right now already. The japanese are bit ahead of rest of the world when it comes to phone technology. They have like 7mp phone cames or something.

Well thats alot of speculation right there. Feel free to tear it apart.
:smokey:

John Coltrane's 'Giant Steps'

NaMo4184

2005-04-12, 22:41

damn i think someone already started a thread like mine. I will switch to that.

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-04-12, 23:06

Yep.
this thread is done