AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The Village (not a spoiler)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Village (not a spoiler)
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
johnq
Multi-touch PiƱata

2004-08-06, 18:48

Somehow, I figured out the "twist" based on the trailers only. I later read about it in a newspaper (a writer that didn't care, in fact, -wanted- to tell the ending so as to keep people from seeing it) and it only confirmed what I figured was the twist.

I certainly hope that the journey to the twist is worth it/well done because it's had every drop of mystery drained from it (even had I not read that article) from word of mouth.

I might see it, but acting, cinematography, etc no matter how well done isn't enough to really make me want to alone, considering that the "fun" for his movies is the surprise. He's boiling down to having to see it on day one or else never. The risk of being twist dependent. (Only Sixth Sense was enjoyable regardless. That still terrifies me. Certain touches).

Granted, many movies can be spoiled if you read/listen too much prior to seeing it. But never have I deciphered a mystery based on the preview alone (and without trying/wanting to).

Something about the previews inspired in me a train of thought that ended up with me guessing correctly, almost subconsciously.

Eh, next M. movie I'll seclude myself better before it gets released.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein