User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Will apple call their phone the "Apple Phone" ??

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Will apple call their phone the "Apple Phone" ??
Ireland
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-03-06, 21:39

You know if apple ever does a cellphone it will be a success! The demand for such an Apple product is through the roof. That's a given.

My point is this. Everybody keeps calling the phone that might someday appear the 'iPod phone', or the 'iPhone'.

This is a straight forward thread that suggest a different name, simple called............................................ .........................."Apple Phone".

Although it will have certain iPod features, the name will seperate the products into two distinct seperate catagories. What are your thoughts if such a product ever materializes!

......................say it again............................................. ............."Apple Phone". What are your thoughts ??

Please don't just say apple will never bring out a phone that's stupid! Just a couple of months ago they filed a trademark, "Mobile me", in my view it's only time!

Last edited by Ireland : 2006-03-06 at 21:45.

¡Damned!

2006-03-06, 21:41

!!!

World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-03-06, 21:51

Would "mobile me" really suggest a cell phone?

Sargasm

Send a message via AIM to Sargasm  
2006-03-06, 21:55

When I see the words "Mobile Me", I think of a handheld running Windows ME. NOT a good thing.

¡Damned!

2006-03-06, 22:00

Why would the trademark "Mobile me" imply a cell phone! I mean, don't you think there might be other possibilities for that name! Do you even realize how difficult the cell phone market is! Don't you think it's more logical that *if* Apple is working on something along these lines it'll be a bit more expansive than a phone!

So it goes.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-03-06, 22:05

I'm with 709. "Mobile Me" doesn't have to mean "cell phone" any more than it does/doesn't anything else.

It could be any of several things, Ireland. iPod-related, something to do with laptops, or some sort of iSync-related process or feature, etc.

You REALLY think this is something Apple wants to get into, and that the demand for this is "through the roof"?

I small, geeky subset of an already small, geeky subset does not "through the roof" make, IMO. I don't even see fairly hardcore Mac types clamoring for this in any significant numbers.

billybobsky
BANNED

2006-03-06, 22:22

Sometime posters need more negative feedback than the throttling on the system allows...

¡Damned!

2006-03-06, 22:32

Well, he did find the question mark key this time around...so that was a pleasant surprise.

Ireland
BANNED

2006-03-06, 23:03

Aside from the amateur comedians, in Europe a cellphone is called a mobile phone, just thought I'd throw that out there.
That does not mean there will be an "Apple Phone", but it's worth thinking about. Anyway me and all my friends are awaiting one.

709 said: "Do you even realize how difficult the cell phone market is!"

And I say: "Do you even realise how difficult the Hi-Fi market is!" That didn't seem to stop Steve, and I know of two people who have the Hi-Fi already, and it's class!

Steve quote, "stay hungry, stay foolish"

World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-03-06, 23:05

I am tired of all this phone talk, are we really that dissatified with the current cell phones out there? Look at Nokia. What could Apple do hardware wise that an established company like Nokia couldn't do?

On top of all this is the fact that Apple would have to choose sides in the carrier war, which means that some people will be angry that they have to sign a new contract to get an apple phone.

Listen! Apple is about things that work in any enviroment. A cell phone won't work all the time, the signal goes dead, calls are dropped, too much of the process would be out of Apple's hands. What will they do with the people who flood in with questions about their service? Link em to Verizon? People would then turn and bash Apple for not fully supporting their products, which doesn't look good for AAPL.

Really, a cell phone isn't a win-win situation for Apple. It will make people happy if done right, but there are too many consequences if it doesn't work perfectly. In the long run Apple is better off licencing out iTunes (and maybe a mobile OS X in the future) to established companies and sucking in the royalties.

Do you get what I'm saying?

Ireland
BANNED

2006-03-06, 23:10

I get you. I suppose your entitled to your opinion. But it has to happen eventually, they'll find a way!

¡Damned!

2006-03-06, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland
...in Europe a cellphone is called a mobile phone, just thought I'd throw that out there.
That does not mean there will be an "Apple Phone", but it's worth thinking about.

Quote:
And I say: "Do you even realise how difficult the Hi-Fi market is!"
I...Um....Oh boy. Where to start...

How about I just leave this thread to the Locking Gods.

Aesahaettr
BANNED

2006-03-06, 23:15

Opinions on the matter aside, I think it's safe to say that the name "Mobile Me" sucks balls.

World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-03-06, 23:18

Man Ireland, I'm really sorry that all of your threads seem to end up this way.

Ireland
BANNED

2006-03-06, 23:22

It's not my thread, it belongs to the internet now!

I wonder why apple filed the trademark "Mobile me" though ??

Aesahaettr
BANNED

2006-03-06, 23:27

Quote:
It's not my thread, it belongs to the internet now!

I wonder why apple filed the trademark "Mobile me" though ??
I think that thie Mobile Me crap is just a load of crap. I mean, Jobs knows about all the rumors and investigating that go on with Apple, which is why he made that joke about his own rumor podcast with the huge iPod. Maybe he just filed the trademark to keep us on our toes...

Ireland
BANNED

2006-03-06, 23:29

I don't think!

¡Damned!

2006-03-06, 23:30

Exactly.

Ireland
BANNED

2006-03-06, 23:31

I know!

Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-03-07, 00:00

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-03-07, 00:08

I wonder how many "Apple phone" threads has been made here....

One too many, I'm sure!

Grammar Police

2006-03-07, 00:19

Quote:
You know if apple ever does a cellphone it will be a success! The demand for such an Apple product is through the roof. That's a given.

My point is this. Everybody keeps calling the phone that might someday appear the 'iPod phone', or the 'iPhone'.

This is a straight forward thread that suggest a different name, simple called............................................ .........................."Apple Phone".

Although it will have certain iPod features, the name will seperate the products into two distinct seperate catagories. What are your thoughts if such a product ever materializes!

......................say it again............................................. ............."Apple Phone". What are your thoughts ??

Please don't just say apple will never bring out a phone that's stupid! Just a couple of months ago they filed a trademark, "Mobile me", in my view it's only time!
If you'd like to be taken seriously in these forum discussions, please extend the courtesy of taking a few moments to check your grammar and to form a coherent message before posting. Excessive punctuation detracts from readability and will not help you convey your point. Messages like this are difficult to read and cause some members unnecessary frustration. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum; you have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-03-07, 00:26

and on that note.....