Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Made on a Mac (well...600 really)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Made on a Mac (well...600 really)
sunrain
Veteran Member

2004-09-13, 02:36

Sounds like these are ready for HD-DVD or whatever standard ends up winning out.

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2004/09/08.4.shtml

I can't say that my nose is really out of joint just because these are the 'special edition' versions of the trilogy. I saw the last two when they originally came out in the theater and I can't say that the magic was lost for me. Of course when you've got the original trilogy in widescreen on LaserDisc, your perspective is a bit different.

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-13, 03:41

nice link - but what a job ... to pore over every frame after the program has run. What a daunting task!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-13, 09:16

On a related note, anyone see the documentary last night on A&E "Empire of Dreams"? Good stuff: two hours of behind-the-scenes footage, screen test, interviews, outtakes, special effects shots, etc. of the making of "Star Wars". New, recent interviews with Lucas, Ford, Hamill, Fisher (what happened?!?), the various FX crew guys, etc.

Check A&E's website for a repeat showing. A really enjoyable program!

The best part? Screen tests, pre-Hamill, Ford and Fisher! Kurt Russell audioning for the Han Solo role! William Katt for Luke Skywalker. Cindy Williams (Shirley Feeney!) reading for Princess Leia!

Funny to see Ford and Hamill, in street clothes, saying some of that dialog for the first time, during auditions: Ford: "the planet can't be gone...that would've taken more firepower than the Galactic Empire has. A weapon like that, I would've heard something about it!"

EDIT: Ah, a repeat showing next Sunday evening (September 19).

Check it out!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-09-13 at 09:24.