AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Why I love to challenge bullies who take shots at our unenaliable rights

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Why I love to challenge bullies who take shots at our unenaliable rights
Page 1 of 4 [1] 2 3 4  Next Thread Tools
odetosecrets

2005-01-20, 17:34

the blind do lead the blind.

Last edited by odetosecrets : 2005-01-20 at 18:50.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-20, 17:36

What. Line breaks PLZ K THX.

johnnyp

2005-01-20, 17:42

WOW. If you were trying to make some kind of intellectual point, you failed miserably.

nmkramer

2005-01-20, 17:47

This should've been titled "Why I love to give fellow readers a headache."

odetosecrets

2005-01-20, 17:48

Sorry I posted it without editing it I just finished the editing while you were reading it .

odetosecrets

2005-01-20, 17:49

Wow if you were trying to make some intellectual point you failed as well.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-01-20, 17:53

line breaks. they're your friends. and ours. we can't read it otherwise.

murbot
Hoonigan

2005-01-20, 18:24

Quote:
It seems to me humans are forever attempting to entrap others in their opinion of how things should be .So many ignore the rights of one and all but demand that we submit to their own selfish demand to adhere to their opinion.
It's called life. You'll appreciate these things more when you enter your teens. Even more when you hit your twenties.

**AAAACKKKKK**

I had planned on attacking your entire post, just for kicks, but it's so hard to read without vomiting that I won't bother.

Please turn your computer off and donate it to a local charity. You should never be allowed to access the internet ever again.

You need help.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-20, 18:26

Yeah, no one's going to read this unless you insert some paragraphs.

Like this!

murbot
Hoonigan

2005-01-20, 18:31

No, I have actually read the post, despite the presentation.

Paragraphs are not going to help.

Sorry.

(I'm sure you are a really a wonderful person though!!!)

Akumulator

2005-01-20, 18:35

Besides the paragraphs, it could also use some correct spacing between sentences.... and a spell checker.

johnnyp

2005-01-20, 18:45

Good God. Why did I bother suffering through actually reading despite the run-on sentences and lack of punctuation or line breaks?

Seems as though it's some kind of sad cry for attention and/or acknowledgement! Lets try to figure out what it was about. This forum is all about deciphering the unknown, isn't it?

odetosecrets

2005-01-20, 18:52

No its called tyranny and you sir are enslaved by it how sad you unwittingly follow the path that leads to destruction where by those who do decieve are being decieved follow so ignorantly so darkened are your minds and so ignorant of the truth ,you adopt the lie as your creed .In the end those who will prevail are those who watch and do not under any terms surrender to the flood of pretenders who do so proudly proclaim to know why it is the way it is.You need help.This must be the house of the liberal and the other darkened minds.

Enki

2005-01-20, 19:02

Grasshopper,Thegooseflyiesantipodeatthemidnightstr oke.

Wow! I can do that too! Woohoo!

hyperb0le

Send a message via AIM to hyperb0le  
2005-01-20, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by odetosecrets
No its called tyranny and you sir are enslaved by it how sad you unwittingly follow the path that leads to destruction where by those who do decieve are being decieved follow so ignorantly so darkened are your minds and so ignorant of the truth ,you adopt the lie as your creed .In the end those who will prevail are those who watch and do not under any terms surrender to the flood of pretenders who do so proudly proclaim to know why it is the way it is.You need help.This must be the house of the liberal and the other darkened minds.
Sentence spacing is still off. It wouldn't hurt to add some more punctuation, either.

I didn't get a chance to read the original post before it got edited, but if it was anything like this quote, I'll have to agree with the others that you failed to make your point. Using "intellectual" language does not automatically make your ideas intellectual.

"I understand small business growth. I was one." - George W. Bush

CharlesS

2005-01-20, 19:07

Life the colour, which it goes, but, it supports and it hour it does, over within the normality of duration of the training, this times fretful to be the elbow, which hears it is too little more insufficient: The thing dog, to the discussion, the 1 idiot, which and rage sound, sufficient discussions, is not it to be anything. ~William Shakespeare meaning disfavor. It shows meetings the ThinkSecret and the Apple computer speaking with a new process of the danger I, estimates it. I, that, in order to sleep, such a thing with the aprec3ioi realness, which reads within the same method, a rumor in UL E which type of the thing word only it and it does do - are free and before I set, to in to the small Mac or in to the iMacG5 to hear me, quite, which was it a feeling. That is there damage report, which is the start, which it informs product front hour, but, Apple is possible and it believes. Probably it and before it can, a gloss to release it that Microsoft or, it feature it thinks it competitor from close valley cop3i. It was positive and the staff, that obeys information, processed it danger Apple or product testing danger. To the data this, is possible it and, it common those far admitted of danger, which promise, which not for nothing is, out and contract was information, in which it is there that he signs that it broke it to contract, which information to ThinkSecret it places to the order, which require. For these information first the person too received a law must hurt, inevitably, is released it and application possible from here the speech those possible is afterwards. It is possible and for meetings, which it in the law, which ' it frees the trade private life company, theyn the workstation attaches. Risk this relation, which reads a rumor, Apple sweats, is exact it and he says however that, he goes out and he analyses him requires theyn because of the workstation I and is a possibility of seeing out. Probably we all time, which case, which expanded method informs the new product, which is iMac the original left, expatiation maintenance, are within the which type of the method, which Ohio surprises it well. IMacG4 is and with setting, which situation freely, which if - est4eve similarly is, where and not should not nobody is informed be to be too to it it over goes and all (good, in the exception Canada of the drawer, but in escaping, which was until night, not before fullfilled). Too much plentifully it, but in the bad notch. I it, at the university evenly come in this it feeling of danger sensitivity in the morning a Shedding of the blood. Well-being Ohio. I, whom it speaks now and it goes out and all Sip speaks, but the bird framework size of their original point of the Gefahrordonanz, I now the material I, disfavor of everyone boat song, this it is important here, does not attach. Everything is it basis it, which inside after inside belong. Within Soviet Russia the rumor read it. Brain and brain. Does the brain occur, what? Cooperation, which is it from any Microsoft within the lamp clarity it, manufactures the pursuing attorney in the screw? Everyone - it general financing of the degree power failure because of in the lower surface of the industry. Ohio and here old-fashionable joke of the company the last century. Yel audits, which it strikes, carry Clinton and the gate and to meet, them are loaded. It speaks with them,: "I in the world at most collected it my message, those the person of 3 people, which are important,: tomorrow, to rub from me Yel," to strike and go over it to destroy the message transmits to to speak and: "I am 2 sections false higher government service check there,, 2) he, that carry and exist 1 the soil destroyed tomorrow." Clinton goes to the white house and it speaks,: "I, who am good it with there, am a false higher government service check,: 1) is good and that the shoes, which it is existed cooks,! 2) is false and the soil, it cooks tomorrow." khas it comes Bill Gates', which is it an O, internal Microsoft and it speaks,: "I am 2 sections good higher government service check there,: 1) I become 3 people most a meat of the person, who is important and years 2000" within the soil decided problem of 2) for great justice

CharlesS

2005-01-20, 19:08

Dammit ode, did you have to edit that out just now? Now no one will get my little joke.

Akumulator

2005-01-20, 19:25

This is now an official IBL thread.

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-01-20, 19:26

Calling Dr. Bronner, your copy editor has escaped!

BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-01-20, 20:17

Is this another pro-ThinkSecret troll?

NeilyB 2.0

2005-01-20, 20:18

what the hell is going on here?
nail gun time me thinks.

ohara
BANNED

2005-01-20, 20:22

I didn't get a chance to read his post; however, I understand vicariously that his style is quite slipshod – therefore, I'll do like the rest of you.

(after reading several others' quotes)

SPACE AFTER PERIOD!

SET OFF INDEPENDENT CLAUSES WITH SEMICOLONS – or dashes !

TOO MUCH PASSIVE VOICE!

Albeit only reading a fragment, this is the most sloppy, abject prose i've ever read.
You were taught style by whom? Ann Coulter ?

octavist13

2005-01-20, 20:27

*scratches head*

Uh....what?

BarracksSi
BANNED

2005-01-20, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilyB 2.0
what the hell is going on here?
nail gun time me thinks.
Nail gun also recommended from me.

What I've been seeing is a bunch of garbage from SOMEbody (or somebodies) that's unhappy about Apple's suit against ThinkSecret. Every post like this includes some rant against corporations and tries to defend free speech (which, of course, does not apply in keeping corporate secrets).

It's really fucking annoying, and it's not helping the Harvard kid's case at all, whether he's involved with the spam or not. I wonder how much spam Apple is getting over this.

BarracksSi
BANNED

2005-01-20, 20:29

Oh yeah...

IBTL

LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-01-20, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
Oh yeah...

IBTL
I don't think I'm going to lock this one. It's fairly amusing. Reminds me of being twelve again. We didn't have the Internet then. Instead, we wrote this shit on bathroom walls and handed them in as creative writing assignments. I don't know what that says about our humble abode here...

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower

iRobot

Send a message via AIM to iRobot  
2005-01-20, 20:49

Good form, LoCash!

I agree, we could use something else to amuse ourselves.

The gnashing of teeth and tearing of robes over the powerbooks is getting tiresome.
Not to mention the beating of breasts.

Is anyone else as shocked as I am that this handle wasn't taken?!

Come on, people! iRobot?!

BarracksSi
BANNED

2005-01-20, 20:57

If computer-generated spam counts as creative writing, then I guess it'll stay.

ohara
BANNED

2005-01-20, 21:04

Ode-

an' what? an' what? – what you say to all this, ho?

The Posting-Guest there beat his breast, for he heard my loud bassoon!

Try that for slipshod allusion!

murbot
Hoonigan

2005-01-20, 21:09

I am posting this because I recently heard some troubling news. Apparently, a large number of people actually believe Odetosecrets's claim that we should derive moral guidance from his glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented sophistries. With this letter, I hope to scuttle his inhumane attempts to clear forests, strip the topsoil, and turn a natural paradise into a dust bowl through a self-induced drought. But first, I would like to make the following introductory remark: I feel that he has insulted everyone with even the slightest moral commitment. Odetosecrets obviously has none, or he wouldn't wipe out delicate ecosystems.

His argument that he has been robbed of all he does not possess is hopelessly flawed and completely circuitous. We must disabuse Odetosecrets of the notion that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of "insiders". Our children depend on that. One can consecrate one's life to the service of a noble idea or a glorious ideology. Odetosecrets, however, is more likely to manufacture and compile daunting lists of imaginary transgressions committed against him. Didn't he tell his sycophants that he wants to treat people like the worst sorts of paltry bozos there are? Did he first give any thought to what would happen if he did? Of course, that question is ridiculous -- as ridiculous as his ridiculous, stolid magic-bullet explanations.

Once again, he maintains a "Big Brother" dossier of personal information about everyone he distrusts, to use as a potential career-ruining weapon. Is your name listed in that dossier? That is, why doesn't he try doing something constructive for once in his life? To turn that question around, why doesn't he point a critical finger at himself for a change? The answer may surprise you, especially when you consider that he ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: He likes to launch into nonsensical non sequiturs.
Fact: His allies lead me down a path of pain and suffering, as though it were a disgrace to complain about whiney, lecherous crooks.
Fact: He respects nothing and no one.

In addition, I call this phenomenon "Odetosecrets-ism", so to speak. Odetosecrets hates it when you say that I need to spend some time considering how best to stop his encroachments on our heritage. He really hates it when you say that. Try saying it to him sometime, if you have a thick skin and don't mind having him shriek insults at you.

I can easily see him performing the following fickle acts. First, Odetosecrets will provide oppressive, negligent delinquents with a milieu in which they can make things worse. Then, he will force us to tailor our deeds just to suit his stinking whims. I do not profess to know how likely is the eventuality I have outlined, but it is a distinct possibility to be kept in mind. Imagine a world in which he could perpetuate the nonsense known technically as the analytic/synthetic dichotomy whenever he felt like it. Most of us who have been around for a while realize that he claims that he has the authority to issue licenses for practicing feudalism. Well, I beg to differ.

Odetosecrets contends that every featherless biped, regardless of intelligence, personal achievement, moral character, sense of responsibility, or sanity, should be given the power to talk about you and me in terms which are not fit to be repeated. Sounds rather lousy, doesn't it? Well, that's Odetosecrets for you. Even his dupes couldn't deal with the full impact of his arguments. That's why they created "Odetosecrets-ism," which is just an illiberal excuse to turn back the clock and repeal all the civil rights and anti-discrimination legislation now on the books. To sum it all up, like much conventional wisdom, Odetosecrets's bromides contain too much convention and not enough wisdom.