User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The TV Thread (for shows not called "Lost")

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The TV Thread (for shows not called "Lost")
Page 18 of 33 First Previous 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-03-19, 09:14

Episode 1 is out... and I can't watch it until around 9PM tonight.

Also:
Quote:
Start your countdown to the glorious arrival of Marvel Studios' #Loki. The Original Series starts streaming June 11 on @DisneyPlus.

Last edited by turtle : 2021-03-19 at 09:29.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-03-21, 03:02

“Calls” on Apple is interesting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-04-02, 14:13

Witcher 2 has a short video up saying filming has wrapped.

I'm looking forward to the next season of this one too!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-04-05, 09:58

So I'm only on episode 2 of Falcon and Winter Soldier and not sure what I think of the new Captain. I'm fairly certain I'll be watching episode three tonight so at least I'll have that to go on. So far he is being played one of two ways and I'm not sure which way it is going.

Also, Loki trailer looks really fun! June 11th release date.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-04-05, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So I'm only on episode 2 of Falcon and Winter Soldier and not sure what I think of the new Captain. I'm fairly certain I'll be watching episode three tonight so at least I'll have that to go on. So far he is being played one of two ways and I'm not sure which way it is going.

Also, Loki trailer looks really fun! June 11th release date.
Spoiler (click to toggle):
I think it's pretty clear he's gonna end up as a bad guy in the next couple episodes. I'll be shocked if he's the permanent Cap

I have high hopes for Loki because I think Tom Hiddleston is probably the most talented actor in the MCU.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-04-11, 20:43

Anyone else think John Walker's facial hair is ugly?
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2021-04-12, 18:30

John Walker is a douche and clearly a villain....just not yet a villain.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-04-23, 08:45

I still haven't seen episode 3 and apparently today is the final episode. My kids and I watch this together. We do have a rule though that involves grades in school and stuff.. they are struggling so I've been waiting.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2021-04-23, 13:51

Juuuust a little taste, T. Here you go: ONE HOUR DANCING ZEMO
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-04-24, 18:52

You are soooo kind. Thank you.

I do plan to watch Ep3 tonight though. Maybe tomorrow I'll watch 4.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-03, 13:10

Sharon, how could you.

I finally finished the series and overall really enjoyed it. It felt like Ep5 just drug on forever but was arguably needed content.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2021-05-03, 13:25

Some fascinating articles out there on how the entire plot had to be shifted when covid interrupted filming halfway through. Apparently the Flag Smashers' original disruption was a deadly pandemic virus...

There are a ton of WTF moments that make zero sense unless they were reused footage from what was essentially a different intended show.
¡Damned!

2021-05-03, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Sharon, how could you.
I think we'll find out she's been replaced by a Skrull, what with the Secret Invasion storyline coming up next year.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-03, 14:28

Yeah. That was actually a thought I had. I also read an article about her becoming a "villainous" character freed from the Steve Rogers love thing. That was likely the article writer's opinion as opposed to from an MCU writer.

Clearly we were supposed to get our attention with the post credit scene though. It wasn't strong enough for the main story but yet they wanted us to know it. It will be interesting to see where this goes for sure.

Now more than ever I can't wait for Loki though!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-05, 08:52

So Bad Batch is out and I'm hearing I need to watch Clone Wars first. I know the Star Wars stuff was all discussed at one point but I can't find the thread right now. Anyone remember where it is? My search is failing me and the delay between searches isn't helping.

¡Damned!

2021-05-05, 09:48

Clone Wars got a good discussion in the Mando thread when Ahsoka was introduced (starting midway through page 7).

I think I'm going to let a few weeks of these build up and then dive in, and resume my weekly viewing when Loki drops.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-05, 09:49

Thank you! I knew I saw it but couldn't recall where.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-05-05, 10:10

We're going to let a few build up as well.

As far as Clone Wars is concerned, The Bad Batch showed up in there for an episode or 2 or 3, or something. I'm not sure you would need to watch all of Clone Wars, but at least those few episodes. Until I've seen it, though, who knows?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-05, 10:31

The 2D animated Clone Wars is available on YouTube. There are quite a few of them, but they're all short (like 5-6 minutes). There's a single "mega mix" of them all, in order, that I sat through in one go late last year.

The 3D/CGI Clone Wars is available on Disney+. I've bailed on my watching of them because I hit a few clunker episodes and kinda lost interest (even before he fully went bad, Anakin is a bit of an insufferable prick; a little of him goes a really long way, I'm learning). I may, or may not, resume at some point. Also, as with anything - certain bands, hobbies, etc. - I find that when I "deep dive" too much, I tire of it quicker than I'd expect. I was kinda pegging the red on Star Wars, period, late last year. And it was feeling more like an obligation/chore than I'd prefer.

Honestly, I've always liked Star Wars to feel special. And that, to me, kinda means "not OD'ing on it" or viewing it as some sort of "binge-y" type of thing (like I have with Stranger Things and other things). I enjoyed the second season of The Mandalorian way more when I had to actually *gasp* wait for it every week, vs. watching all eight in a no-life-having session (like I did season 1). If you're laid up with the flu or a broken leg, binging is a great way to pass the time. I've certainly done it on a few occasions (sick, dead-of-winter, nothing else to do, nowhere to go). But I try to make that the exception to any show-watching.

I don't know if watching the entire Clone Wars series is required to enjoy this Bad Batch show, maybe just those related episodes? I'm trying to do the math that tells me how many Clone Wars I can watch between now and December that a) let's me take in the entire series, but b) doesn't make me sick of everything (2-3 a week, tops, on a Sunday evening, etc.).
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-05, 10:41

Hmmm... I'm with you on the overload thing. I find dragging out actually makes it more enjoyable.

Maybe I watch Clone Wars on the treadmill rather than Pokemon. Each episode is only 22 minutes so that is doable and then some. At the minimum find the episodes that relate to the Bad Batch and watch those so I can see the new show. So many shows, so little time to watch them.

¡Damned!

2021-05-05, 11:32

Slightly OT, but I picked up a sheet of the new Droids stamps from the USPS yesterday and they're pretty dang cool. Not that I do a ton of letter writing (or any ) but I'll figure out some way to use them, even if I have to marker-on some Santa hats.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-05, 13:03

Hmmm... Loki is coming two days earlier they now say. I'm good with that. Not sure I'll be able to watch it on a Wednesday, but thankfully it will be there waiting for me when I'm able!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-06, 09:38

Eleven, are you listening?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-06, 10:36

I really loved that first season. It was pretty perfect in tone/style. I barely made it through season 2. I skipped 3 (the mall and stuff?) completely. Maybe I'll get back on track, but it sure struck me as a show/idea that kinda shot its creative wad in that first, fun season. Season 2 was a slog. Right or wrong, I assumed 3 was more of the same, so I never even bothered.

Frankly, I can only take so much crazy/frantic Winona Ryder. A little of that goes a really long way.

"Somebody wanna give this chick some medication?"

I don't like shows that "yank", and this one seemed to fall into that.

But I'd watch the first episode of season 4 to to get an idea. That teaser was creepy and had a good look. I don't even know what everyone looks like now, having missed season 3. Because they were all kinda cute in that first season, less so in the second.

It's tough doing such a project with kids, especially of that age...between the long stretches between seasons and everyone growing like a weed at that age, continuity must be a chore. "Hey, a year ago you were short and chunky...now you sound like Barry White."
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-06, 15:59

I will say I loved the first one way more than the others. I'm hoping this one is much better than the last few, though I did enjoy them still.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-06, 16:25

What year was season 3 set in? Are they going in order, with each season, one year apart? I know in season two they were dressed like ghostbusters for Halloween, putting that in fall of 1984.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-07, 08:06

I had to look that up but I did recall right that it was less than a year between season 2 and 3.
Quote:
The first season begins in November 1983.
The second season is set a year later, starting in October 1984.
The third season is set several months later, in the days leading up to the Fourth of July celebration in 1985.
¡Damned!

2021-05-11, 10:52

Love, Death + Robots Volume 2 coming May 14! I enjoyed Volume 1 very much, so this is exciting news.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-20, 17:54

This is a cool overview of Loki done by Tom.

I'm certainly going to be enjoying that series from what I can tell.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2021-05-20, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Love, Death + Robots Volume 2 coming May 14! I enjoyed Volume 1 very much, so this is exciting news.
Burning through this again. A much needed short format eclectic show and just awesome.