User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

The Expanded Apple Ecosystem: Extreme Vertical Inegration

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Expanded Apple Ecosystem: Extreme Vertical Inegration
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2013-06-19, 04:59

$150,000,000 value of liquidity
$17,000,000,000 in bonds issued
$750,000,000 in tax savings due to bond

What can Apple do? Sure they'll ne increasing dividends and repurchasing stock, nut that can't be the end by a long-shot. They haven't made any serious purchase in a while. While waze would have been good, it just doesn't seem like Apple's style and I don't believe the rumors they even made bid for the company. That is not to they will not be making a purchase.

When it comes to buying companies, there's the obvious and the abstract. Definitely Apple will be buying map companies to bolster not only accuracy & usability (including increased global usability), but to add something its nemesis doesn't provide. What that is is beyond me. Could be satellite views that provide superior detail or method that provides real-time ground view w/o the leg work or simply just putting cameras everywhere. Hell privacy has gone to shit anyway.

Next, I'm almost positive now there will be an Apple credit/debit card like system but with your phone. No NFC, no cashier even, what I see is when people shop, all they need to do is walk out the store with their stuff and your phone will detect your items as you leave and pay for them automatically. Walk in, shop, walk out, as simple as that. Even eating out will change! They just send the cost of your meal to your table, you confirm the bill's accuracy, and finally enjoying your pace at you. No more getting a check and wishing you ordered dessert, for everything will be in real-time. You ask how will Apple fight companies like Visa? Apple will provide all the required tech for free and make money on transaction charges like any credit card.

Now for the most speculative of ideas... T-Mobile will no longer subsidize the iPhone and it looks like Verizon will follow suit. To be honest, I'd like this to be an industry trend. We all know ultimately subsidizes hurt the consumer. Im that case it seems telcos are looking at the short term picture or they want to get you into a contact and pay for the phone. This is where Apple comes in to save the day. I believe they will introduce their own phone service by leasing the best lines from all LTE providers making a superior network with minimal cost and exclusive yo Apple. I believe telcos have to lease at a fair rate and with Apple's might they can probably get a superior deal. No longer will the phone and internet plan be different, your cell & internet will be included. at the same time, they'll continue the standard strategy with the rest of the world and maybe put the fear of god in international telcos mind.
a
This is what I see as the new Apple. An Apple that makes the world simpler and expands it's ecosystem into our most mundane parts of life just to make it easier and the iphone as essential as a car. Not everyone drives, but I think the mast majority do.

Whether or not Apple does this, it is a realistic future and I just feel Apple is positioned perfectly to change our lives... again.

Retired 8 years ahead of schedule.