User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 20 of 28 First Previous 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24  Next Last Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-06-23, 01:36

What the hell is a tarsdis??

¡Damned!

2014-06-23, 09:19

Something blue.

Also, holy shit, Brad – you went all out. It's gorgeous! And… it's bigger on the inside!

Dat noize.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-06-23, 09:37

Fuck you Grey, I didn't need to get something in my eye this early in the morning.

¡Damned!

2014-06-23, 09:57

Yeah. I legit watered up during that scene too. Incredible setup.

We should probably start a new thread for the weekly worlds. Imma scout around for a bit and see if there's anything of note around the portal. Day/night cycle is different than the Overworld, so be prepared to fight some baddies if you get in at the wrong time.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-06-23, 11:14

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious update from WeeklyWorld™.

/back does work! My guess is that Brad hasn't slept in his own bed in ages, considering all his Treking around in god-mode and such. Thus, when he spawned in WeeklyWorld™ he had no bed or recent death to /back to. Considering his most recent "spawn" was WeeklyWorld™ spawn, his /back took him there. When I typed /back, I was instantly teleported to my palace bedroom where my harem was patiently waiting for me. Typing /back, again, took me right back to WeeklyWorld™ where I was presented with the wonderful beauty of virgin forest ripe for the chopping!

WOW-a-ZERS!!

Thanks, Brad, for the fancy bits and the über-creepy sound effects.

Edit: I propose we call our new explora-digs "WeeklyWorld™", since I, like, just made that up and all.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-07-20, 22:57

So grey helped me find a nice wide-open space across the street from the Money Bin, next to iJak's house, that seems ripe for development. There's the perfect amount of space for a Legohaus...

Would anybody mind if I built there? iJak? I didn't see any torch patterns or signs.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-21, 00:11

Which one of these "here" would that be?

I'm cool with any of them!
¡Damned!

2014-07-21, 06:27

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-07-21, 06:59

Will it be just on the surface? My wife has a place in the cave beneath it, accessible via the little house façade.
¡Damned!

2014-07-21, 07:28

I measured that underground storage/brewing area. Robo's claim misses the furthest W wall by a couple/few blocks.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-07-21, 11:00

Ok, it looked like it was a bit more east when I looked at it this morning. I have no complaints then, go for it!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-07-21, 12:47

Yay! Thx for your help with the maps grey, I'm on my iPhone and can't map

I might make it a little longer than Legohaus I—64 instead of 48, I have a few ideas —but it wouldn't be any wider than 32, so it wouldn't get any closer to iJak and his wife.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-09-26, 18:48

Regarding Mesa mining:

Since the light gray, white, yellow and dark green/brown clays have been getting scarce at the clay mine, I went ahead and began a new mine. The mine entrance is located immediately east of the portal (within the portal's glass wall). If you follow the single-wide tunnel you will find three underground veins containing (from top to bottom) white, light gray, dark green/brown, and yellow.

This mine is entirely underground. I have had my fill of the stuff, so it is completely open to whoever. The mine is entirely beneath a very broad Mesa plateau. I would prefer the outside walls of the mine not be breached so the mesa's pretty bits remain so.

The veins beneath the plateau are very broad, so you should be able to get what you want without disrupting the surface.

Cheers.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-10-26, 19:48

Anyone know who's build this is (__Darren_ is my guess)? It's a path from the new house the goes above water an connects to my mansion. Not really keen on this here and am going to tear it down shortly.

This is from the map that we generated at 3pm and it wasn't there then:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-10-27, 08:08

ya, it was Darren
Darren886

2014-10-27, 08:55

My bad I can rip it down tonight.
¡Damned!

2014-10-27, 11:22

Classic Darren.

I went out there and saw you had the beginnings of a portal; do you want me to tie that into the Nether system so you don't have to schlep it all the way over to Turtle's place?

So it goes.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-10-27, 19:45

I lit the portal for him already, right now it connects to turtles place
¡Damned!

2014-10-28, 08:11

I put a portal in the Nether that connects to his place, so all should be good.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-10-28, 15:03

LOL - you guys are cRAZY!

I miss MC

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-10-28, 16:22

We miss you too! So log in and play!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-10-28, 20:27

Thanks guys. I haven't been able to log back in yet but plan to tomorrow.

Drew, why are you holding out on us?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-10-28, 23:48

I'm not!

It's my Early 2011 MacBook Pro's untimely death.

I am willing to testify at a class action lawsuit regarding this issue

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-10-29, 16:37

I'm still having issues getting into MC, but am waiting on some other issues. I have a faulty logic board and video card, so needing to get that resolved.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-08, 00:16

Monument claim.

While the world has yet to be wiped, I wanted to lay claim to an ocean monument. It is located at 760, 2600. Jess and I are gonna lay waste to it.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-08, 01:29

We already have one.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2014-12-13, 01:17

I'm putting in a monument claim over by my western mountain.

Coords -2376 , 1193

It should show up to the south on the next map run.
¡Damned!

2014-12-13, 11:10

The regen of the western oceans didn't produce any Monuments, so I guess the one off of the NE portal will be the eventual grinder.

So, I'm laying claim to that one, plus the sister a few hundred blocks away. Coords forthcoming.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-13, 11:59

I already have ours claimed, and i'll stick with that one so I don't have to go expanding the map to locate another. Not even gonna bother looking for a closer one since I already have a nether portal set and ready to go.

Happy Monument Death everyone!

Edit: LOL. One o' you crazy's already went all Lewis and Clark out to the north. That's funny, right there!

¡Damned!

2014-12-15, 16:26

A couple of things. First, I'm relinquishing my claim to the Monument just north of the Guardian Grinder. Instead I'm laying claim to the Monument just west and slightly north of the Mooshroom Isles. It's not on the mcmap yet but I'll head out there tonight and put a marker on it.

Second, I was eyeing this area even before 1.8 for a project that isn't mine, but might be acceptable if Robo wants it. It has the right amount of hills and bays, I think, plus a flat area for a certain sporting site. North and south you can plant massively dense trees and a home for a certain nasty, if you like. If you don't want it or if you're not thinking about the project anymore, no worries. It's prime real estate sure to get used.

Additionally, as I was circling the place to fill it in for the map some Monuments popped up. I knew about (1), but (2) and (3) were a surprise. So, I propose that (2) is a part of the island, and is part of that claim. (1) and (3) are fair game for anyone that doesn't have a Monument claim yet (as is the NE one above). Is that fine with everyone?

If you already have a Monument (Ely, KS, me) these 4 are off-limits.

So it goes.