3DS games

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
3DS games
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2014-08-25, 08:07

[Calling Robo!]

I just got a 3DS (Zelda), again. I have been out of the portable game space for some time and out of games in general for a while. Any good suggestions? What 3DS games are YOU playing? (Thankfully, it's definitely not Minecraft!)

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2014-08-26, 23:31

Also curious to read some suggestions. I mainly play virtual console games.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-08-27, 00:57

Bravely Default!
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2014-08-27, 08:51

Not a game, but Nintendo has the beautiful Zelda XL available in their refurb store. It doesn't come with the game but it's a really nice piece of hardware.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-08-30, 18:24

Almost all of Nintendo's games for it are fantastic, but a few stand above the rest: Super Mario 3D Land is excellent, and so is Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. And Mario Kart 7 is sort of a no-brainer, too. It's Mario Kart!

If you like role-playing games, I second the suggestion for Bravely Default, and I'd also recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening. There are tons of RPGs on the 3DS, from Pokémon to Persona, so whether you want to be the very best (like no one ever was) or be the most troubled Japanese high school student ever, you'll be able to find something your speed.

If you'd like a change of pace from all that heavy world-saving, both Harvest Moon: A New Beginning and Animal Crossing: New Leaf are excellent "life sims," although AC's über-cute style is off-putting to some adults.

There's a wide selection of downloadable titles from the eShop, too—both some overlooked gems from Nintendo, like the puzzle-y Pushmo, as well as some great indie titles, like the retro Shovel Knight.

Finally, here are all the new releases I'm looking forward to this fall, which may or may not interest you at all:

September
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call — September 16
October
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS — October 3
Fantasy Life — October 24
Pokémon Art Academy — October 24
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley — October 28
November
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom — November 18
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire — November 21
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth — November 25
December
Ultimate NES Remix — December 5
TBA 2014
Story of Seasons

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2014-09-01, 09:55

Thanks, Robo!

I find that I am more and more an RPG player. Particularly JRPGs. At least, I enjoy them while I'm playing them. For the brief time I had a Vita, I played Persona 4 for hours.

I also really like strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem (I've already got that but I need to restart my game since it's been so long). One of my favorite games ever is Jeanne d'Arc. As is my wont, I didn't finish it but I enjoyed it for the time I played it.

I've come to learn that I prefer games that aren't challenging my ability to *play* games - things like precision, twitch controls, etc - but rather my ability to plan and learn if that makes any sense. I'm not really interested in learning how to play a game but how to think about playing the game.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't enjoy some MK or SSB. Games are fun. I wish I would have picked up the habit when I was younger and had more time.