User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

iPod mindshare soaring with Apple stock!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPod mindshare soaring with Apple stock!
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-10-06, 19:55

Mindshare

Stocks

My favorite part is
Quote:
Munster also noted that the iPod ranked fourth on the teens' holiday wish list--behind clothes, money, and a car--even though the iPod was not an answer option and had to be written in as a response.
I'm still amazed at what the iPod is doing it for Apple. With the iMac and everything going well, I'm very happy.

Last edited by ast3r3x : 2004-10-06 at 20:07.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-10-06, 19:57

Yes it is a good time to be an Apple user. I cant wait to see what they come out with next.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-10-06, 20:17

Creating a separate iPod division was a pretty big sign for us mere mortals to see just how much value Apple places on the brand. Big things to come for sure.

... and, for old times' sake: "evolve iPod evolve"

All I want is a simple life
twitter
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2004-10-06, 20:21

I can't believe how many iPods I've seen on campus this semester... I can't walk 1 min without seeing a couple around. A decent number of minis this semester too. Haven't seen a large increase in actual Apple computers though.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-10-06, 22:12

I couldnt believe how many there were at my campus either. I mean I knew they were really popular, but this is rediculus. When Im walking to one of my classes (which takes anywhere from 2-10min) I can usually spot ~3 on average. Then there are the ones that dont use the default white earbuds and have the iPod in their pockets to consider.

PBs are almost as popular as well. There is usually at least one person with some sort of PB in one of my larger lectures. I love it.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-10-06, 23:29

I walk around with my little white earbuds in place and I see other people with the same earbuds, and we kind of stare at each other as we walk past.

In my school band, there are 90 people, and 27 iPods.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-10-07, 00:13

Thats awsome CubeDude.
applenut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-10-07, 00:41

literally see dozens-hundreds a day/week here at Berkeley. EVERYONE has or wants an iPod. The mini is huge here. Somehow, girls here have found a way to get minis because tons of them have em. Most of the athletes also have iPods now.

Powerbooks are also a big hit here. On my team alone, we have 5 i believe and in my architecture studio all you see are powerbooks (and my college of design does not even support the mac....yet)
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-10-07, 00:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyafterdark
Yes it is a good time to be an Apple user. I cant wait to see what they come out with next.
When hasn't it been?

(Don't answer that)

w00t! for the iPods and w00t! for Apple. Things are looking great
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-10-07, 01:41

It's funny this has come up. Last week I started counting how many iPods and/or standard white ear buds I see just as I'm walking back and forth from my car to class and back. So far, I'm averaging 3-4 per day, but I only have a couple of classes on campus. I'm sure I'd see more if I spent more time there. Not bad, though!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-10-07, 07:49

I often walk across this bridge here in town at night (an old bridge that has been converted to a pedestrian-only walkway across the river, with tons of people using it for socializing/exercise) and I get looks and I see a few more with the white cord/earbuds when I'm there.

You give/get that knowing smile or head-tilt.
ZO

2004-10-07, 08:23

here in Paris I see at least 2-3 a day taking the metro... egads, I meant subway (been in europe too long. at least I dont say "tube" like them islanders do).

Target: trendy mid-twenty folks as well as some hip high school student, and then mostly commuters like me (jacket and tie type managers with a briefcase who suddenly sprout the wonderful white earbuds that are recognizable from a mile). You have more and more women/girls with em too.

Paris commuting is characherized by either reading and/or listening to a walkman.

I've read more books in my 15 minute commute to work (and back) in the last year than in the last 3 years... its great way to start and then unwind the day.

I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.