AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Server Down?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Server Down?
Page 22 of 23 First Previous 18 19 20 21 [22] 23  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2016-04-15, 18:08

Cool, thanks T.

I logged in to check and it must've wiped the player data since I spawned in the water and both my inventory, armor slots and ender chest was empty. Not a huge deal for me (I was packing light), but it may have wiped everyone else's data as well?

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-15, 18:13

That's not good. Glad it wasn't a big deal for you.

@everyone: Let me know if you want me to restore your player data from a backup. It will wipe what you have at the point of me doing the restore to a recent backup. Likely the 3AM Eastern one that ran before my power outage.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2016-04-15, 18:24

Well, if you can restore me it'd be great, otherwise I can deal with it (also, you owe me an Elytra ). I won't be on tonight for a while anyways.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-15, 18:39

Whatever it was, I don't seem to have been clobbered.

If it's contagious, keep it to yourself!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-15, 20:59

Ok, I just got home for the night so in the next hour or so I'll be doing a restore on you 709. I'll make sure you aren't online when I do it too.

I'll give you five Elytras if you want.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-15, 21:33

I've restored your player data from the 3am backup. Looks like the last time that player was updated was about 9pm last night. Let me know if you need anything else.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-15, 21:44

I'm doing some network maintenance. If you try to get in and can't give it five minutes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-16, 02:22

Yeah, where's my elytra's?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-16, 22:47

Junior needs some help so I'm going to take him offline for a few hours. I'm sure the server will be back up by morning. Enjoy your Saturday night! Sorry for the short notice.

¡Damned!

2016-04-23, 18:29

Deady McDeadface
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-23, 18:33

It is up again. Not sure why it was down. I just got home and hadn't tried to log in yet. Let me know if you need a player restore too since the VM was down completely when I checked.

¡Damned!

2016-04-25, 15:49

Sorry for replying late – no need for a restore; all is good.

I was in-game during the last weirdness/crash, so I suspect that's why it tossed me and my loots overboard.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-25, 15:54

That would make total sense. Glad your account was all good this time.

BTW, did you actually need those wings? I noticed someone found more cities in The End.
¡Damned!

2016-04-25, 16:11

Hell yes, I use the wings all the time. Ken would too if he wasn't scared to death of The End.

[edit]: Ah, looking back at the offer of free wings... no, but thanks. I found some more Cities (as you saw), a few with the ships that contain the wings. After endstone-pathing to islands and islands and islands it's incredibly gratifying to finally see one of the Cities come into view chunk-by-chunk, only to have your heart drop because it's a City without a Ship, and thus, no wings.

Sure, I go in and take the loot*. If I could have a gang of those grumbling gasping fuckers that kill without sin, I would.

*Community Exchange: Abandoned Tools and Armor

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2016-04-25 at 17:36.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-27, 15:12

Access to the service is going to be cut off while I do some (relatively) quick router maintenance and install a new battery backup for the main network components. If you try to connect and can't, I'm not done yet. If you try to connect and can, I'm done.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-27, 15:37

I'm done now. That was really needed so I could finally get a good battery for the router and main switch. The second was so I could get the router to return to a powered on state when power returns. I never had a problem with it before because it was always on a battery backup. So I fixed that little issue and blew out the dust while I was at it.

¡Damned!

2016-04-28, 08:29

Boink! Went down as I was doing some breakfast trimming.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-28, 10:37

Looks like that was a drop in FiOS. The game never went down from what I can see. Someone is logged in now so we should be all good.
¡Damned!

2016-05-02, 05:16

Breakfast block-busting bump!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-05-02, 08:44

Not sure what happened this morning. The server itself was fine but the MC instance had stopped. I restarted it. Let me know if you need your player restored again.

Edit: Well, looks like it didn't actually restart last time. Something isn't working with it right now actually. Not sure what is going on so I'm troubleshooting it now. I will get it running again as soon as I can.

Last edited by turtle : 2016-05-02 at 08:59.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2016-05-02, 09:00

My bad.

I made a shield last night.

Then I made a banner.

I put the banner into my shield slot but it didn't work as a shield.

I finally figured out what I had done wrong and combined them and made a shield.

That's probably what did it.

Sorry for the strain on the system

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-05-02, 09:07

Server is back up. I did some updates last night. So one of those updates was java and it's subversion numbers changed. This meant the game couldn't find java anymore after it's 5:50AM restart. It is all fixed now.

¡Damned!

2016-05-02, 12:13

Thanks T.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-08-30, 23:42

Is Minecraft go poop? Where is server? Why you break? Make work, now, please.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-08-31, 14:07

Sorry for the delay in posting here. Last night the ISP dropped my connection for over an hour. I was already in bed when it happened so I didn't really deal with it then. About 30 minutes after you posted the connection was restored though.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-08-31, 14:15

Yeah, figures. I had to redo almost twenty seconds of work!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-08-31, 14:15

¡Damned!

2016-11-01, 15:14

Bump? The map server looks like it stopped updating as well. End times!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-11-01, 15:15

I was trying to sneak host machine updates in without anyone noticing. Sorry. I'm almost finished now though. I'll also post the map host with a stick. Thanks for the heads up.

¡Damned!

2016-11-01, 15:24

Thanks T.