User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Paris expo. New products, updates?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Paris expo. New products, updates?
vasili

2005-09-15, 16:35

Steve is not going to make any presentation, asi we all know sep 7 was the "big" thing. What do you think?

kscherer
Which way is up?

2005-09-15, 16:56

I think that this thread (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=9360) might already be discussing that topic.

I've said it once, I've said it a million times (well, twice, now):

No SteveNote, no big thing.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-09-15, 17:56

kscherer, thank you for pointing out that thread. Maybe I'll add a tag to the end of the title saying "Paris Expo Discussion Here!" or something, but I don't think it'll be necessary.

As for any announcements... you make a point that without Jobs there isn't a good chance of a "big thing." After all, we can safely assume at this point that Steve Jobs is concerned about the size of his thing and wants to make sure that whenever a Big Thing happens, he's going to be the one in charge . But you're right, I don't think we'll see something as major as a redesign or a new product announcement there. There's a very good chance of a minor upgrade to one of the existing lines, though. The PowerBook line is the one in greatest need of a refresh, and a final revision to the PPC-powered PowerBooks could certainly happen. I don't think it's likely for anything else to get an update... the eMac, iBook, iMac, mini, and PowerMac have all received minor updates in the last six months or less. Granted, they were very minor updates, but I think they were all enough for Apple to justify not bumping them again yet.

Oh yeah, I think this thread has reached the end of its usefulness. Ka-chunk.