Page 3 of 11 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  Next Last Thread Tools
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-07-08, 21:33

What a time-sink.
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2008-07-08, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
I tried that for two days and can't see the purpose of it. It's all jumbled, the site design is almost worse than a typical MySpace page, and it's the biggest information overload I've seen on the interwebs in a long time.
Oh man, I love it! I see so much good stuff, so many good conversations and random things that I'd never find on my own.

How can you not love this:

I can page through stuff like this for hours!
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2008-07-08, 21:56

Well, while we're at it… not like it's surprising, but I'm ShadowOfGed there, too.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-07-08, 22:02

Got you on my list.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-07-08, 22:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferaDrew View Post
Oh man, I love it! I see so much good stuff, so many good conversations and random things that I'd never find on my own.

How can you not love this:
I guess it's not really *all* that different from Twitter, but I like the simplicity of Twitter and tend to follow people who are more converseive and witty rather than those that like to tell the world what's up with their current cup of coffee. And, like I said, FriendFeed's horrible page design and layout is a huge turn off. I can't look at the thing let alone play with it.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-09-11, 07:35

After changing my username, it occurred to me that I hadn't actually posted my new twitter URL here, so here it is:

http://twitter.com/bwyatt

[edit]I just went through and added everybody I found, even if you hadn't updated in a while. So if you get a strange following e-mail, it's probably me.

Last edited by Wyatt : 2008-09-11 at 07:48.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-10-23, 10:41

I've been trying to keep up with this as much as I can.

It's good for short little bursts of something that pops into my head.

It's been fun to do it and I'll keep going until I just eventually forget about it I guess.

I'd like to have more people on there, but w/e. Not that big of a deal.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
SpecMode
Wait what

2008-10-24, 05:31

I post to Twitter a heck of a lot more often than I post to my own blog. It's quick, doesn't require as much thought, and I can post easily from anywhere (thanks to Twitterific on my iPhone).

Still at http://twitter.com/SpecMode
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-10-24, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
I post to Twitter a heck of a lot more often than I post to my own blog. It's quick, doesn't require as much thought, and I can post easily from anywhere (thanks to Twitterific on my iPhone).
It's also a great communication tool. I equate it to the newest evolution of instant messaging.

I'm at http://twitter.com/justincox
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-10-24, 10:46

I find that twitter doesn't work well for me. I tend to write a lot, as opposed to short bursts of info. A traditional blog suits my style better I think. I'm sort of a long winded gas bag, you know.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-10-24, 10:48

It's fun though to shorten whatever you have to say into 140 characters.

I'm all about quality over quantity, even though most of my tweets are pointless nonsense.

jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-10-24, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
It's fun though to shorten whatever you have to say into 140 characters.

I'm all about quality over quantity, even though most of my tweets are pointless nonsense.
Totally agree. It sure does make saying something funny a challenge and those "Twitter Elite" that hit the Favrd board sure do come up with some funny stuff in under 140 characters.

Website | Twitter
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-10-27, 23:53

I just made a twitter account if anyone cares to add me as a friend.

www.twitter.com/yontsey
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-10-28, 00:18

I'll add you..always good to have more people to follow.

Just try and keep it updated. It's more fun that way.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-11-20, 21:07

I've been using Twitteriffic on my iPhone since I started using Twitter.

There have been some good reviews on Twittle the past couple of days, so I went and downloaded it today.

I'm going to try and use it exclusively on my iPhone from now on and see how I like it.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had tried it or any other Twitter app yet.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-12-12, 13:24

Just going to bump this for two reasons:

1. I've been using Tweetie on my iPhone for about the past month and it's awesome. I didn't think I'd spend money on a Twitter client, but this one works very well. A little more full featured than Twitteriffic.

2. I can't install anything on my work PC, so I've been following on Twitter.com. But when I go to check on my iPhone during lunch or w/e, I find tweets that didn't show up on Twitter.com. Any suggestions for a better website to follow on?

Thanks peeps.

jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-12-12, 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
2. I can't install anything on my work PC, so I've been following on Twitter.com. But when I go to check on my iPhone during lunch or w/e, I find tweets that didn't show up on Twitter.com. Any suggestions for a better website to follow on?
Are the missing tweets replies and direct messages? Twitter.com doesn't show people @replies to you unless you are following them as well but most Twitter clients still show those inline.

As for websites, the best one has already been mentioned to you and that's hahlo.com. It's meant as an iPhone web-based client but works great on regular browsers as well.

Website | Twitter
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-12-12, 14:26

Yeah, I figured there was an issue with Twitter.com and direct replies.

I've been using Hahlo.com for a couple hours and it works a lot better than Twitter.com

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2008-12-30, 16:47

I've just signed up. Thought I'd play about with Tweetie for iPhone and see if I enjoy it and actually use it. I don't mind it so far. I'll add you all. I'm turbyfurby
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-12-30, 16:54

Just added you as well.

Tweetie is awesome. That's usually the first thing I go to when I pick up my iPhone.

Nice to see you join. I look forward to seeing what you will tweet.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-01-19, 15:07

Bumping this one again.

This is getting crazy. I'm checking Tweetie every time I look at my iPhone now. I'm kind of addicted to it.

If there's no new Tweets from people I'm following, I'll just look at what's trending and could following things on there all day.

My big thing that I want though is Tweetie for the desktop. I'd love to be able to use it on my MBA. I've posted that on Twitter already, so most of you who will read this thread already know that, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas? Besides contacting the developer.

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2009-01-19, 15:16

As long as we're bumping this thread, I've hopped on the bandwagon as well:

http://twitter.com/sbnicholas

I agree with kieran. Tweetie rocks, Twitteriffic is vastly overrated. Tweetie for the desktop would be fantastic.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2009-01-19, 15:38

<ahem>
..............>>>>

Yarr.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-01-19, 15:40

Followed.
SpecMode
Wait what

2009-01-19, 15:46

Heh, just went through the thread again and finally figured out where a few of my followers had come from!
faramirtook
A for effort.

2009-01-19, 16:32

twitter.com/pagaen

I don't know if I'll stick with this or not, it doesn't seem like many people I know use it. We'll see.
CitizenTony

2009-01-19, 16:51

I've started using it lately. It's pretty fun, but a bit daunting if you follow the wrong person. I followed Guy Kawasaki for all of an hour. Had never heard of him before, and don't get why he's so popular. He's nothing short of a spammer in a new market.

Anyway, you can find me at twitter.com/endervr
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2009-01-19, 17:53

I feel like everyone in this thread gets new followers every time it's bumped.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-01-19, 17:54

It's great.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-01-20, 00:56

I've just added the new names here. I'm getting a little more addicted too actually. I have it bookmarked on my cell phone for the mobile browser version and I even added Twitter Tool to my WP blog so I can post from it too.

CitizenTony, I loved your article but hated to content. Sorry you had to be there for it. I've been a medic and worked many accidents and ones with bikes just suck. Even more so when it's because of showboating.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.