AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iPad 4 & iPad Mini

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPad 4 & iPad Mini
Page 6 of 6 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6]  Thread Tools
Wrao
Yarp

2012-12-14, 12:23

It's also kind of worth thinking about how when the iPad first came out, one of the marks against it has always been "It's just a little bit too heavy". Ultimately that wasn't a deal breaker, and holding it with two hands you hardly notice, but I think the weight of the Mini is its party piece and it really does go a long way, specifically that the Mini can be this light but still *feel* rigid and high quality.
Wrao
Yarp

2012-12-14, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
I am having one hell of a time deciding between these things. I spent half an hour this morning using them and still haven't made up my mind.

I'd use an iPad4 and think ok yeah, this one is it, awesome screen, faster, better camera, larger screen...

Then I'd go pick up a Mini and think jesus this thing is so light, and the screen is just fine, it's so easy to hold and a great size, camera isn't as good but it's an iPad so it's basically an "in a pinch" camera, it's not like I'm going to take pictures with an iPad all day, what a sweet unit, love the design, this is going to work.

Then I'd go back to the iPad4 and flick through some photos, and change my mind again. Ugh.

I almost want to buy one of each and return the one I love the least after a couple of days, but I'm not sure I want to be "that guy". This is a friggin hard decision!!
I posted in purchasing advice about the same thing. It's fiendishly tough to really decide between the iPad 4 and the Mini. I went with the Mini largely because my 'gut' was telling me to do it, and I don't regret it at all really, although I can see areas where the Mini could be better. I think, when decisions are this close, going with whatever one has more of an emotional draw is probably the safest bet. Playing the 'what if' game on the choice you didn't make can be agonizing, but I think if you have an emotional draw to the choice you do make, it'll be easier to just kind of ignore whatever perks the unmade choice might have had. That's how I decided it at least, I figured, at the end of the day, the Mini excites me more and it still does after a few weeks worth of ownership.
Partial
Stallion

2012-12-17, 15:26

As much as I love my iPhone 4S, I think the iPad Mini takes the place of the greatest piece of technology I've ever owned. Wow, this thing continues to blow me away. My wife and I use it constantly, yet we never charge it. It's perfect for surfing the web while watching football. Man I love this thing!

...and calling/e-mailing/texting ex-girlfriends on the off-chance they'll invite you over for some "old time's sake" no-strings couch gymnastics...
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-12-17, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial View Post
As much as I love my iPhone 4S, I think the iPad Mini takes the place of the greatest piece of technology I've ever owned. Wow, this thing continues to blow me away. My wife and I use it constantly, yet we never charge it. It's perfect for surfing the web while watching football. Man I love this thing!
I think the battery life of the iPad (both large and mini) has really been the key to its success. It is excellent and continues to amaze me.

The extended charging time of the iPad 3 was a bit of a downer though.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-12-17, 15:52

Like you said, the battery time is what I love most about my iPad. I can run it hard all day nonstop while being a bum on my couch on the weekends while watching sports or tv and it can easily last a full day.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey