User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Burn playable VIDEO_TS folders without Toast?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Burn playable VIDEO_TS folders without Toast?
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2005-06-01, 15:20

I have been using my uncle's dual G5 and Toast 6 to backup my DVD movies. However, I no longer have access to that machine, and therefore Toast.

It is a pretty expensive program, and i really only used it to burn movies playable in my computer and most DVD players, so i can't really justify spending $100 on it.

So does anyone know of a free app that burns VIDEO_TS folders in the manner that toast did (Data --> UDF) so that they are playable in DVD players & my computer?

I tried BurnX Free which i found from Macupdate, and unsucessfully burnt two coasters with it. So before i move on, i want to find out if anyone has had success at this with a free app they could point me to.

Thanks
naren
snail herder

Send a message via ICQ to naren Send a message via MSN to naren Send a message via Skype™ to naren 
2005-06-01, 15:39

Try the "make iso img for DVD" function of MissingMediaBurner, haven't used it in a while myself.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-01, 16:39

I use Disc Burner. It's works perfectly for me for several projects. I first create an image of the folder and then I burn that image to a DVD.

DVD Imager will also make an image from a VIDEO_TS folder.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.