User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Apple TV viewing hours surged 709 percent in March quarter

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple TV viewing hours surged 709 percent in March quarter
¡Damned!

2018-04-26, 08:40

For some reason this seems very significant.

Linky.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2018-04-26, 12:34

Don't let it go to your head!

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2018-06-04, 07:00

The Apple TV is quietly our family’s second most used type of apple device in our house. Behind iphones/iPads, of course, but well ahead of Mac computers and watches. And, to be honest, the one that would cause the most disruption in the family were it to be replaced by a different device.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2018-06-04, 11:19

Right there with you. We have two of them in use. We "cut the cord" not long after the first Apple TV was announced and have been using them since. There is so much content available now that I cannot see any reason to have Cable/Satellite. Now that I no longer care about sports, the Apple TV is capable of delivering whatever we want. We have both Netflix and Amazon Prime. Between those two and a smattering of other apps, the big networks can take a hike! Also, the cost of those two services and a new Apple TV about every three years is still far cheaper than the other options.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-06-04, 12:09

Our house uses them all the time for our viewing. Mostly for us it is using Plex, but we do stream a few other things through there as well. No cable or satellite for us. We even have an over-the-air TV antenna for the few times we might want something on a local network TV.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2018-06-04, 13:28

I use my AppleTV multiple hours on a daily basis. I have 3 in my house and will probably add more in the future. I honestly have no idea why I still have cable because I spend 80-90% of my time watching either movies/tv shows I have put on my Mac Mini media hub, Netflix, or Hulu. Other then my iPhone, it's my most used Apple product in my home, by far.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey