Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Can people see who gave them feedback?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Can people see who gave them feedback?
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
neiltc13

2007-07-08, 12:48

I sent feedback to a user and they PMd me to ask why I did it. I can't see who gives me feedback, so why can he?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-07-08, 12:51

You can once you have a thousand posts.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-07-08, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltc13 View Post
I sent feedback to a user and they PMd me to ask why I did it. I can't see who gives me feedback, so why can he?
Sucks to be called out, doesn't it?
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-08, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltc13 View Post
You need 1 thousand posts, and positive reputation to see who left feedback. Don't leave stupid negative reputation points to innocent users and we won't laugh at you.


¡Damned!

2007-07-08, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Sucks to be called out, doesn't it?
Indeed.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-08, 13:48

http://neiltc13.justgotowned.com/
sunrain
Veteran Member

2007-07-08, 13:55

Didn't you know? There's an iPhone-only feature that gives you clairvoyance...
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2007-07-08, 14:22

Neil gave me a negative for the "justgotowned" link.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-07-08, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
You need 1 thousand posts, and positive reputation to see who left feedback. Don't leave stupid negative reputation points to innocent users and we won't laugh at you.
Like you have never done that before.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2007-07-08, 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
Ahh, but I've learned. Neil hasn't yet.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-07-08, 14:57

I think it's safer to assume that people can see what you do, rather than try and be anonymous. Think of the rep system as little "asides" to the PM system. Much safer that way...
neiltc13

2007-07-08, 15:30

The only thing this works on is "What do you think of User's post?" so if I disagree with someone's point or they make a silly, fanboy like remark then I'll leave them negative. Of course, if it's a good post I will leave positive but I don't see why since posting this topic asking a simple question I have received two negative remarks.
Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2007-07-08, 15:37

Rep points aren't for when you "disagree with someone's point".

If they were, you'd have received more than two negative remarks since posting this topic.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-07-08, 15:40

If you just disagree, that's not ground to give someone a negative. It's only when someone is being an ass, or a spammer, or a total wanker.

And conversely, positives are for when people are extremely funny, or insightful, or something of that nature.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-07-08, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
And conversely, positives are for when people are extremely funny, or insightful, or something of that nature.
Or, if you're rasmits, rep points are for anything and everything.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-07-08, 15:54

Rasmits is a..... special case.

Just looked, and I have no love from Rasmits. I feel...deprived.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-07-08, 17:20

Clearly you haven't taken any stands on any subject.

Bryson, you are too eager to please.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-07-08, 17:53

Now more to the point: when you get a grey point, (because someone has no "pull") can you tell which they meant to give you? Especially if the comment is...ambiguous?
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-07-08, 18:04

Obviously you are dealing with someone who is so intelligent that to reveal the true nature of his or her reputation point would be as if God, himself ,stepped down from Heaven to talk directly to you. All you would hear is the blood rushing from your ears and the blurred vision of a million suns through your asploded eyeballs...

Hmm...
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-07-08, 19:36

Be careful. God is sleeping he wasn't to happy earlier, found some dust in a corner of a cloud, and i got a bollocking. Now where did I put that broom.

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-07-11, 12:56

Quote:
*smirks*

Quote:
You like that site a lot don't you, WR?

Quote:
*smirk* pft tee hee hee

Quote:
Ahh, but I've learned. Neil hasn't yet.
I'd say the truth of that statement depends on the current phase of the moon and your youthful geeky hormones.

Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2007-07-11, 13:14

You just had to bump this eh?
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-07-11, 13:19

Quote:
You just had to bump this eh?
I've had a minor hiatus the last week or so. I was just going through all the "new" posts.

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-07-14, 05:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
If you just disagree, that's not ground to give someone a negative. It's only when someone is being an ass, or a spammer, or a total wanker.

Ding ding ding! Don't vote based on whether you happen to agree or disagree, or on how you interesting you find a comment. Vote on its communicative quality. Did you gain new insights? Did it make you chuckle? Or were you offended or insulted?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-07-14, 05:44

Nobody will remember it in 100 years anyway....
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

2007-07-18, 14:27

Quote:
Quote:
*Sigh* I I like it when I'm right.

Last edited by turbulentfurball : 2007-07-18 at 16:27.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-07-20, 15:35

You know what would be cool, is the ability to see who/what rep you have given.

I tried to rep someone a little while ago, and it told me I need to spread myself around a bit more before I give it to this individual again - or something like that.

At any rate, I don't remember giving it to this individual before, so I'd like to be able to go back and see how it played out...

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!

Last edited by zippy : 2007-07-20 at 23:51.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-07-20, 15:58

Yeah, I like that idea too. I've often wanted to see a history of the rep points I've doled out.

Also, I know that rep points from one person can differ depending on their rep status and time online, but I'd like to see a column of what each point was worth when they were given. Does that make sense ... and is it possible?

All I want is a simple life
twitter
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-07-21, 17:18

Interestingly I was always able to see who I got rep from, even when I was below the 1K mark. I remember asking someone about this and it was labeled as a glitch or something...

I felt pretty special.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2007-07-21, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Leader Pretend View Post
Interestingly I was always able to see who I got rep from, even when I was below the 1K mark. I remember asking someone about this and it was labeled as a glitch or something...

I felt pretty special.
There is an exception to the 1k rule. It's not a glitch, it's a secret.