AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Little things that make your day

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Little things that make your day
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-12-21, 00:32

So I'm sitting here talking to my sister-in-law on IM, and we get around to the weather. (bad driving today, 1/4" of ice out of no where, wife had a fender bender)

Anyway, the little thing that made my day was remmeber I have a 12 pack of a favorite doppelbock in the trunk of my car. Went out, and I now have 12 well chilled beers to enjoy that somehow I'd completely forgotten about.

So what makes your day, at least a little bit here and there?

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Delkan Cott

2004-12-21, 00:37

my day was made by knowing that tomorrow i'll see a beautiful girl
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-21, 00:41

Awe...

As long as we're trying to impress Carol with our sensitivity , I got that beat. My two 5 month old puppies make my day when they curl up together on the couch.

*shudder* this sensitive stuff sucks.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-12-21, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkan Cott
my day was made by knowing that tomorrow i'll see a beautiful girl
Me too!

Also, this has consistently been making my day

johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-12-21, 02:15

I got a freelance project for 4k that will save my ass; started to slip on ice and didn't; got home had 2 beers left; roomates drive me to indian food, another leaves us a giant box of brownies in the kitchen. Good day overall.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-12-21, 02:44

What made my day, or night, was when a set of [relatively] skinny strippers got up at the Clermont. I'm all about the purple hair chick.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-12-21, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
Also, this has consistently been making my day
The hat, the stubble, or the ring?

I'll admit, that is one bitchin' black hat!
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-12-21, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad

Obviously it's his debonaire looks...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-21, 09:42

I've got a few.

Hitting a string of all green lights on the way to somewhere. My favorite!

Waking up, on your own, around 6:15am on a Saturday and suddenly realizing "hey, it's Saturday!" and curling back up and sleeping for 3-4 more hours.

A surprise e-mail from someone you thought was mad at you, and you find out they're not at all...they've just been super busy. And the thing you thought made them mad didn't even register with her at all...you've been worried over nothing.

Sitting down and seeing a cool "Law & Order: SVU" episode come on USA that you've never seen. One hour of Mariska, Belzer and Ice-T, busting pervs.

New strings on my J-45. It just rings so beautifully...
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-12-21, 09:45

I finished all my final papers on Sunday. That was an okay feeling, but it won't really set in until I'm off work today. From this afternoon until one week from now, I'm totally free and open. It'll be nice to get away from my bitch of a boss (who happens to be standing right behind me, focusing on something else... tee hee hee).
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-21, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnq
I got a freelance project for 4k that will save my ass; started to slip on ice and didn't; got home had 2 beers left; roomates drive me to indian food, another leaves us a giant box of brownies in the kitchen. Good day overall.
Holy crap! Good day? That's a fucking GREAT day, lad! That day was so good that it just made my today, knowing such things are not just the stuff of legend. That means it could happen to me one day.

...into the light of a dark black night.
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-12-21, 12:45

you know what made my day yesterday: coming home to hash. and i'll do it again today.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-12-21, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad

the eyebrow ring silly!

although the hat *was* 99 cents

So, I went to shave today, and I poured out a big what should have been a glob of shaving cream into my hand, but instead of a goo, out came a thin white liquid, I vainly rubbed it around in my hands hoping it'd creamify, but alas, the bottle was expended, better that way though because it wasn't till after I had made a mess with this watery substance that I noticed my razor wasn't in the bathroom(though my replacement pack of cartridges was) so, I shall shave later today after I get some more shave cream, additionally, my girlfriend is going to get me a haircut(I personally like my hair short, but she prefers it long, but she wants it to be a 'good long haircut') So soon I will look mostly respectable.