Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The "What's Playing at Your MD/DDS Office?" Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The "What's Playing at Your MD/DDS Office?" Thread
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-12-05, 09:48

So the other day, I go in to the doctor to make sure i don't have some kind of sinus infection...

...my doctor's office is like many others. Located in a suburban office building, modern interior, very quiet, professional... annoying Georgia O'Keefe-style paintings and photographs on the wall. You know, boring.

So I grab a seat while i'm waiting and I notice that wedding crashers is on their 42" wall mounted TV (about 25 chair waiting room split between two practices), but I don't think much of it. Figure it's TBS or something and start reading Newsweek cancer treatment article. Hey, it's a doctor's office right? As I read on, I notice a few foul words here and there.

"Cable?" I think to myself... well, I don't know if it was that or DVD, but let's put it this way: whoever turned it on had no idea what was in the movie because the whole fricking thing played... all the way through the main sequences where Vaughn is getting ridden after the football game, getting a hand job at dinner, granny calling the artist kid a "homo", what's-er-name asking Owen to squeeze her tits (and there they are... for all to see in the doctor's office!)... it was hilarious. I was trying not to laugh, just looking around carefully at the 3 or 4 people in there to see if they had looks of shock or disbelief. I mean, this is a doctor's office we're talking about. One particularly up-tight corporate woman (she had that "someone needs to ravish me in the coat closet so I can smile again" thing going on), she wouldn't look up or acknowledge it. Another guy kept looking up at the desk like "I know they're going to change this any minute... this isn't supposed to BE!"

It's the last place you expect to hear motorboat jokes. But I'm kinda glad I did... it was one of those moments in life where you can just sit back and marvel at the surrealness of it all.

...into the light of a dark black night.