AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

iOS Mail application

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iOS Mail application
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-07, 21:22

So Mailbox has officially killed their app. I'm going to really miss some of the features I use all the time like snoozing a message. I love keeping my inbox at zero and this did a great job of it.

So what mail apps do you use on your iPhone? I mean, obviously I could use Mail, but I don't think it does snoozing. Almost all of my mail accounts are with Google Apps so I could use the Gmail app but haven't tried it.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2015-12-07, 23:18

The gmail app is much nicer to use the mail. Not sure how it compares to Mailbox, since I never used it.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2015-12-08, 07:05

Mailbox was nice, but I gave up on it after a few months. I went back to using Mail.app up until yesterday when I started looking into this again.

I put Spark on my iPhone and Airmail on my Macbook and I'm going to try them for a few weeks and see how it goes. Spark will be doing an iPad beta shortly, so I'll grab that when I can as well.

They both seem pretty good so far.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2015-12-08, 11:04

I have tried numerous iOS email apps over the years, including the various Google iterations, and come to the conclusion that the Apple Mail app is the one I like the best. That is not to say it could not be better, but the others are worse IMO.

On a more general note, I think that good software design is a rare thing. And increasingly so, regardless of platform. I am not sure why that is.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-08, 15:11

What about my most beloved feature of snoozing a message. Is there anything out there that I can use for that? I do commission work that the snoozed email serves as a reminder when my calendar is failing me. (There for almost a month my iCloud Cal syncing was broken completely.) I mean, I can do without the email snoozing, it's just a major helpful feature to me to get the message out of my inbox without completely forgetting about it.

As of now I'm using Mail on my iPhone trying to get used to it. I also installed Gmail on there but am not really feeling that one. My iPad is still holding out with Mailbox for now, it's been removed from my iPhone already.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2015-12-08, 15:34

For iOS, I am in love with Outlook, which was originally Accompli.

Here are some highlights:
Focussed inbox
"Here are some times I'm available for a meeting" - so damn simple!
Search contacts to see related mail, events, and files.
Integrated file sharing (Dropbox, etc.)
Extraordinary in-built help and support system
Swipe options... yes, Turtle, it includes Scheduling!
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2015-12-08, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
What about my most beloved feature of snoozing a message. Is there anything out there that I can use for that? I do commission work that the snoozed email serves as a reminder when my calendar is failing me. (There for almost a month my iCloud Cal syncing was broken completely.) I mean, I can do without the email snoozing, it's just a major helpful feature to me to get the message out of my inbox without completely forgetting about it.

As of now I'm using Mail on my iPhone trying to get used to it. I also installed Gmail on there but am not really feeling that one. My iPad is still holding out with Mailbox for now, it's been removed from my iPhone already.
Spark on iOS can snooze messages, even right from the Apple Watch. It's pretty good, but I hardly eve use it unless I know I don't want it sitting gin my inbox for a few hours.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.