Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2019

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2019
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-11-29, 11:59

What great deals have you to share??

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-11-29, 13:14

https://mjtsai.com/blog/2019/11/26/black-friday-2019/

Deals deals deals
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-29, 14:47

I normally have no love for Best Buy, but I picked up (online) a 12 TB drive for $180. That's crazy cheap ($15/TB???) and should be an excellent replacement for my current aging backup drive.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easy...?skuId=6364259

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-11-29, 16:14

I hate Black Friday. We closed the shop and I’m at my remodel project hanging sheetrock.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-11-29, 22:43

I did all my shopping online. I grabbed another Sonos Beam from the NEX for $299. It's the best time to grab deals like that. Oh, and (as much as I hate to say it) I gave Best Buy money for Mrs T's new MBP that hasn't gotten here yet. She also doesn't know it's coming but I really needed to replace hers. The old one's trackpad is messed up because the battery swelled. It works...most of the time. apple said I'd have to pay lots of money to ship it off to repair the trackpad too. It never got fixed. Now she gets a modern one.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-11-30, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I normally have no love for Best Buy, but I picked up (online) a 12 TB drive for $180. That's crazy cheap ($15/TB???) and should be an excellent replacement for my current aging backup drive.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easy...?skuId=6364259
I went ahead and picked one of these up for my media setup. I filled up my 8GB backup drive so this will give me some nice room for the future.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2019-11-30, 15:38

I grabbed myself a Roku Ultra for $50, first Roku.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-11-30, 16:36

Got a 1TB SATA SSD $40 off the normal weekly ‘sale’ price. Finally got a 1TB SSD for less than my first 1TB HDD.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2019-12-02, 16:01

I got my non-discerning in-laws a 70" TV from Best Buy for $550. It's not a bad TV and considering all they wanted was "bigger" I think I did ok. Only 2 HDMI ports but it's one of those Samsungs with the Apple TV built in already so all they needed was one for cable and one for HDMI ARC for their soundbar.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-03, 10:48

Last night I ordered a 4TB portable drive for my Xbox to expand its storage... does that count as a deal?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-12-03, 19:21

I got a thing!!! I will tell you more when I get it in my hands.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-03, 19:53

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2019-12-03, 21:48

Is it wrong to be scared right now.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-12-04, 00:49

No No Everything Is Fine

..!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2019-12-04, 10:31

I ordered a Kindle Fire Stick for the basement TV. I ordered it on Black Friday, with 2-day shipping.

It's arriving on Friday.

Apparently 2 = 7
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2019-12-04, 16:07

Two days from when it ships, not two days after you place the order. Given the sales records set this past weekend, I think the carriers and suppliers might be a little bogged down.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-05, 11:30

I'm still waiting on my Beam from the NEX. I have tracking data so I know I'm at least getting it, but Friday at the earliest. I picked in store pickup so I wouldn't have to pay shipping either.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-05, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I ordered a Kindle Fire Stick for the basement TV. I ordered it on Black Friday, with 2-day shipping.

It's arriving on Friday.

Apparently 2 = 7
It's the New Math, keep up.

2 = 7, 4 = kangaroo, "whatever" = eleventy-teen, etc.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-05, 12:09

2 + 2 is chicken
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2019-12-07, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
It's the New Math, keep up.

2 = 7, 4 = kangaroo, "whatever" = eleventy-teen, etc.
It didn't show up Friday either. Now they think maybe Wednesday. 2 is now equal to 12ish.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2019-12-07, 18:58

That's too bad. Got my Black Friday and Cyber Monday items Thursday and Friday respectively. Of course UPS (yuck), left my SDD sitting on the door step, never range the bell or knocked, at 7:30PM. They didn't even say it was out for delivery, when I checked at 5:30PM. Figured it wasn't going to come. Checked status just before going to bed to see if they had revised the delivery date, low and behold it said delivered.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-12-08, 00:28

I haven’t had an Amazon package delivered by anyone other then an Amazon truck in many months and I get several packages a week. I ordered stuff Wednesday and Thursday and got it Friday and today no problem. Ordered some Ethernet cables and they’re being delivered tomorrow.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2019-12-08, 18:05

Yeah, most of the Amazon stuff here comes from them as well, but the UPS order came from Newegg (CA). They used to ship exclusively with Canada Post (in Canada), and they never had strange delivery times (nothing after 6PM) but after a mail strike last November Newegg switched to several other carriers, you never know which one, and you don't have a choice. I generally avoid them and go with Amazon, but the drive was free shipping, so I went for it. I refuse to pay for Amazon Prime or Newegg membership fees to get free shipping on all items, since I don't order enough items a year to justify it, I usually get free shipping by hitting Amazon's minimum fee, $35cdn, anyway.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-09, 09:56

One of my deals I got was actually delivered to the wrong address. Thankfully the house that got my package knew how to read the address on the label and brought it to me. I was so glad to see good people out there while wanting to rip the head off of the new FedEx deliverer I see.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2019-12-09, 10:32

It finally showed up on Sunday. (Who delivers on a Sunday?)

It's pretty good. Can't argue for $25.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-09, 11:20

This time of year, I assume UPS, FedEx and DHL are running their trucks as much as possible. Everyone's doing the Amazon/online shopping thing more than ever (including my Mom and most of her friends, it seems, all knocking on 70). I've seen USPS trucks tooling around on a Sunday as well (is that a thing now too?).

Off-topic (click to toggle):
I'd be happy if they'd put 1-2 of their drivers in the damn building throughout the week, manning the service counter (every time I have to go to the Post Office, it's always a 20-30 minute hurry-up-and-wait-while-some-hyper-chatty-doofus-monopolizes-the-counter-clerk (sending multiple, questionably-packaged boxes all over the planet, telling the clerk an unsolicited backstory for each, paying via check and a quill pen, etc.). And they never seem to notice the 20-30 people piled up behind them, smoke coming out of our ears.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-12-09, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
2 + 2 is chicken
ABC is easy as 123