User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Anyone Else Just Use Trackpad?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Anyone Else Just Use Trackpad?
greenhybrid

2005-08-05, 09:35

Does anyone else find it more comfortable on a Powerbook to only use the trackpad, not an external mouse? I bought a Bluetooth mouse a month or so ago, but haven't really liked it all that much. And all the jumping around makes my wrist hurt. I gave it to my dad to try it, and I may sell it to him. I'm awaiting the wireless Mighty Mouse Seriously, though. I'm comfortable using the trackpad all the time.
stonyc

Send a message via AIM to stonyc  
2005-08-05, 10:06

The scrolling feature of the trackpad has really spoiled me from mice.. even my wife's ex-PC laptop (we switched her a month ago) gave me fits when I couldn't scroll like I was used to.
iThink therefore iMac

2005-08-05, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyc
The scrolling feature of the trackpad has really spoiled me from mice.. even my wife's ex-PC laptop (we switched her a month ago) gave me fits when I couldn't scroll like I was used to.

So true! Whenever I use a PC laptop (which is not very freequent anymore) I always try to scroll using two fingers...but then I have to remind myself that I have been spoiled by my PB
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-08-05, 10:30

I can live with the trackpad for mobile use, but I really appreciate a good mouse when I'm at a desk.
mudphud

2005-08-05, 10:35

I bought an apple bluetooth mouse with my Powerbook, but it is sitting on my desk with no batteries in it because I like two finger scrolling on the trackpad much better.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2005-08-05, 10:50

I use the trackpad when I'm not at my desk, but other than that I have my Powerbook on an iCurve, so using the trackpad(or keyboard, for that matter) is not very easy. That's why I have my old Pro Keyboard and Mouse from my Cube plugged in.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2005-08-05, 12:15

I would have to use an external mouse - I'm a scroll wheel addict - but the scrolling trackpad on Apple's new notebooks sounds really nice. I don't think I'll have to buy a BlueTooth mouse now.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-08-05, 12:45

I find the PowerBook trackpad excellent - particularly using it with Exposé. I've just bought an iCurve though so I now use an Apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard - very good, but not quite the trackpad.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-08-05, 12:47

laptop, never use mouse

desktop, always use mouse

really like the scrolling trackpad

g
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-08-05, 12:49

When I'm at a desk, I use a mouse. When I'm out and about, it's the trackpad. Pretty simple really.