AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Bukkit Plugin Request

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Bukkit Plugin Request
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-02-20, 13:45

This is a thread for requesting specific plugins for the Bukkit server. Like all things related to Bukkit, these might break with every upgrade, so consider this in your request and what you do that might depend upon any plugin. It might be nice if Brad or Turtle listed what plugins we are currently using (indicating where they are op-only) so that us grunts can do some leg work in exploring the options. I, for one, don't want this to be a free-for-all. My reasoning behind this thread is that I'd like to get the Mob trap open to everyone without any stringent requirements on whether /back or teleport commands are issued near it.

So here is my formal request:

Chunkload, allows op to define region that remains loaded like spawn (ie redstone will still work, but mobs won't spawn). This will allow the mob trap's filters to continue to function when people are using teleport near it since the chunks will not get unloaded until someone logs off. The need for this plugin will only be obviated when the chunk unload/redstone update bug gets fixed in Bukkit, presumably after it gets fixed in Minecraft server.

Alternative, still in active development, Chunkloader. Less function but same result...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-20, 15:04

Could you include in your first post a link to some plugin clearing houses?

billybobsky
BANNED

2014-02-20, 15:21

I thought I did, two, in fact, to the same site...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-20, 16:15

Sorry, I meant top level links so the rest of us can "shop".

Btw, speaking of tweaks, if you jokers start doing Command Blocks I'm going to be LOST.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-04, 19:50

Quote:
Keeping 25 chunks loaded in region 'mobtrap'.
The deed is done!

I added the chunkload plugin and marked off a region that contains all of the redstone circuits (as far as I could tell) for the mob trap. Hopefully that works.

/alwayslatetotheparty

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-04, 19:54

Also, goddamn.

I haven't been to the mobtrap since it was renovated beyond its original form.

Goddamn.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-04, 19:56

So this is why the MC server is at a steady load of 1 or greater now I take it. I was wondering what was causing the steady load.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-04, 20:05

I only added it 20 minutes ago. Did the load suddenly spike? Or has it been at 1+ for a while now?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-04, 20:45

This has changed since the router change actually.

The starting spike was due to bad NFS mount and failed longstore syncs stalling. I cleared those out (at least I think I got all of them) after noticing the load steady climb. I haven't been able to dig into the load on the MC server since I'm still putting out fires from the router/DNS changes here in the house.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-03-05, 04:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
The deed is done!

I added the chunkload plugin and marked off a region that contains all of the redstone circuits (as far as I could tell) for the mob trap. Hopefully that works.

/alwayslatetotheparty
Woot!

I do not believe this should appreciably increase the load on the server. The running redstone should turn off after a minute or so if there is no major backup in the hopers. No additional mobs should not spawn, and the server shouldn't have to calculate any updates for those chunks after the redstone settles.

Let me know if there is a tangible change and I will try to investigate if I have done something silly that might be keeping load on the server.

Last edited by billybobsky : 2014-03-05 at 05:49.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-05, 20:15

Figured out the load issue. Another D state process. This time it was a Bash session. All back to normal now. No issues from anything done for the trap.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-08, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Figured out the load issue. Another D state process. This time it was a Bash session. All back to normal now. No issues from anything done for the trap.

Whatever you did to fix the load also made the game zippier! Grey, BB, and I all feel like world loading and overall responsiveness is much improved. For a while there I would fall through the world for a minute any time I connected, but now it's all better. Thanks!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-08, 23:46

So glad to hear that! I actually noticed what you are talking about too. I thought it was latency on my network since my Time Capsule thought to begin dying on me. It's been replaced now along with a bunch of other parts.

Glad you guys are seeing the improvement. I actually think the router has a lot to do with it too since it can handle the volume and then some of the packets we send through it.

billybobsky
BANNED

2014-03-24, 19:33

709 and I were improving the snow golem farm tonight, making it fast enough to cope with two simultaneous diggers without having appreciable backups. My original design had a rather idiotic hopper arrangement, but that's fixed now and the chests fill pretty quickly with concerted effort. But it got us discussing the *need* for automated crafting benches in game. So I looked up whether there are any actively developed autocrafting plugins for Bukkit. It turns out that there are. Some use fuel, some integrate redstone signaling, etc etc.

I was wondering if it would be possible to kick the tires on one of the better plugins (your choice, Brad), so that we might get back one of the nicer features of tekkit/FTB without the concomitant BS. Obviously all users would have to be aware that updates to bukkit might kill the plugin and thus any devices based around autocrafting... but honestly, I think most users would set up an as needed device for whatever tons of resources they need immediately (I, for instance, would have very much built an array for hoppers, snow, pistons, redstone repeaters, redstone comparators, etc etc). For routine construction, the autocrafting benches are immeasurably useful.

Last edited by billybobsky : 2014-03-24 at 20:02.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-24, 21:35

I personally would love to see an autocrafting system in Bukkit. I admit that after both Tekkit and FTB I'm of the persuasion that no client side mods should ever be forced. If you want to run a map etc then so be it, but noting special should be required.

Heck, I'm still running stock MC loader right now since the upgrade. No Forge or anything. Optifine never worked for me right and I don't care ti tinker with it right now so I'm not even running it.