Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iCloud+
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-21, 07:20

Quote:
Great news! We’ve automatically upgraded your iCloud storage plan to iCloud+ at no additional charge. iCloud+ combines everything you already love about iCloud with new features including iCloud Private Relay, Hide My Email, and more HomeKit Secure Video support.

This was in my inbox yesterday. Normal marketing email from Apple but there is one thing that stood out to me that I'm not finding any information on yet:

"Custom Email Domain"

I never thought Apple would get into this. I'd happily move my email from Google Apps (I know, I know) but I need more than 5 email addresses. Has anyone found details about the Custom Email Domain?

Other than that, the "+" features are nice. Not something I would have paid extra for nor would it have been a selling point for me but nice to have as beefed up features.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2021-09-21 at 13:13.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2021-09-21, 07:35

I’m trying to figure out the HomeKit Secure Video. I have my cameras in HomeKit but I’m not sure how to set it up. I have the 200GB iCloud option.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-09-21, 07:39

I didn’t get an email, but they seem to have done the same for me as well when I upgraded to iOS15. I didn’t follow the June stuff too closely, so this caught me by surprise.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-21, 07:39

I think that is automatic with the HomeKit configuration. I have cameras in my Home app but they are third party and not HomeKit compatible so I don't get video storage with them (Homeridge). Otherwise I'd test it for you.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-09-21, 08:52

I got the same email. I've been on the 99 cent plan forever just to have enough space for photos. Nice upgrade but probably won't use it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-21, 08:55

I'm likely to enable to Private Relay for giggles. Seems like a worthy option for free. I'll use my VPN when I want to ensure privacy like I always have though.

I found this article that talks about using the custom domain. AI has one too but this one gives better specifics I think.

I'm still trying to find the limits. While each family member can have up to three email accounts and up to 5 total custom domains, how many family members can you have? I'm assuming 5 just like the currently definition of family to Apple for Family Sharing.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-21, 08:57

Nothing for me, but that's to be expected...I'm just using that free 5GB (and currently using only 19MB of that).

"The cheapskate in Tennessee gets nothing, guys!"