User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Coffee-flavored Kit Kat.... Oh. My. God.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Coffee-flavored Kit Kat.... Oh. My. God.
¡Damned!

2006-01-17, 23:52

They're wonderful.

I stumbled across these little lovelies the other week, and holy mother of all things delicious....they are fantastic. Not too strong, but just enough coffee flavour to really get the juices going. I'm completely addicted.

Unfortunately they're only a 'Limited Edition' run...and this of course sent me frantically Googling for cases of the damn things I can horde away. And lo and behold, I am not alone. The Impulsive Buy nailed my feelings to a tee. Accidental Hedonist shed some interesting light on the Hershey's vs. Nestlé situation, and made me happy I'm only a couple hours from the Canadian border (though this 'Cappucino' flavour must be thoroughly tested).

There's also word on the street that Kroger's is getting rid of them at the bargain price of 3 for a buck. I'm not sure what exactly a Kroger's is, but I'm sure as hell going to find out if one exists within 100 miles of me.

So it goes.
Blue Light Bandit

2006-01-17, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
There's also word on the street that Kroger's is getting rid of them at the bargain price of 3 for a buck. I'm not sure what exactly a Kroger's is, but I'm sure as hell going to find out if one exists within 100 miles of me.
It's just a grocery store supermarket like any other. Nothing special, really

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroger's
Wrao
Yarp

2006-01-18, 00:48

I take some pride in the fact that I usually eat pretty healthily. By and large, I have a better diet than the average fast food joe fatso. But, if there is one thing, one stain on my otherwise healthful lifestyle. It is my indomitable sweet tooth. I really like candy. I don't know how else to put it. I do not eat candy that much, but I do indulge perhaps more than I should.

In particular, and rather, the point of that paragraph is that I love novelty candies even more. I try them all. I have not seen coffee kit kats yet, but as soon as I do, you can bet I'll try 'em.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2006-01-18, 00:52

If you want a coffee flavoured candy bar, why not just eat a Coffee Crisp?

It's the answer to the age old question: How do you like your coffee?

I like my coffee Crisp.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-01-18, 00:56

I'm the same way Wrao. I'll eat a meal consisting of a spinach salad with low fat dressing, boneless/skinless grilled chicken breast, grilled veggies, and a glass of skim milk, and than I'll finish it off with enough M&Ms to make a horse sick.

The point is, I haven't seen the coffee KitKat, but some years ago KitKat had White Chocolate KitKat and KitKat bites that I ate enough of to feed several small nations for several years. They stopped making them and I think I almost killed myself.

There are some things worse than death, and the discontinuation of certain types of KitKats is one of them.

Come waste your time with me
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-01-18, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Light Bandit
It's just a grocery store supermarket like any other. Nothing special, really

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroger's
I used to work for a chain owned by Kroger... we refered to Kroger as "the evil empire"... ironically, now that I'm out on my own, I do all my grocery shopping at Kroger...

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-18, 09:22

I don't like coffee much but KitKat coffee sounds strangely tempting. Who makes it?
Blue Light Bandit

2006-01-18, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
I don't like coffee much but KitKat coffee sounds strangely tempting. Who makes it?
You read the first post, right? See the first and second links.

Note that this isn't coffee. It's a coffee-flavored Kit Kat.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2006-01-18, 10:38

"Artificially Flavored"

Appetizing.

In the Uk we have these bizarre KitKat variants with "exotic" flavours in them - a sort of "posh" KitKat, if you will. I've never bought one. What is great, though, is KitKat Kubes. Little truncated versions of the bars - ie: more chocolate, less biscuit.
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-01-18, 10:41

Don't feel too bad Moogs, I thought it was coffee too, after quickly reading the thread (and not clicking any links).

I think a couple of words in the title should have been rearranged.

BTW, you guys are disgusting. Chocolate bars are for women.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-18, 20:07

yah... WTF is wrong with you people anyway?

"Coffee Flavored KitKat" is the correct terminology for this particular product.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-01-18, 20:22

We have a Kroger's 1.5 miles away. I'm headed there bright and early. I love chocolate and I love coffee. If 709 like 'em they must be good.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-01-18, 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
yah... WTF is wrong with you people anyway?

"Coffee Flavored KitKat" is the correct terminology for this particular product.
Title edited!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-18, 23:20

Brad... you're back! Hope you had a good break / vacation / (insert appropriate name for absence here)...
We're glad to have you back, as you are always on the trail of misfit thread titles, with speed and precision.

...into the light of a dark black night.