User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The Saga Ends (*spoiler-free* discussion)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Saga Ends (*spoiler-free* discussion)
Page 1 of 7 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-04-12, 14:23

This is a spoiler-free thread. If you have seen the movie and wish to comment, please visit this thread.

The Rise of Skywalker!

I hated Ep 8, but I sure as hell hope it's not too late to win me back!

And JJ Abrams is back. I loved Ep 7, and thought it was as good or even better than Ep 4, which is saying an awful lot for me. What Rian Johnson did to The Last Jedi was just atrocious.

Of note: Billy Dee Williams is back as Lando Calrissian; Mark Hamill is doing some voice over of Luke; the emperor is laughing; and that backflip-Tie-fighter-chopping is just awesome. (I suspect that won't be in the film, but it's a damn cool shot!) In fact, it's just plain badass!

Let the debate begin!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-12-19 at 14:17.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2019-04-13, 18:32

I'm also disappinted by ep 8 and really hoping JJ will save me for ep 9, which is hilarious.

I'm dying for Lando to return!
¡Damned!

2019-04-15, 09:26

Also excited to see Lando again!

The whole Emperor thing is throwing me off though. So the DS debris means the gang is on Yavin IV? Endor? Did the Emperor survive inside one of the falling pieces and has just been hanging out for a few decades? Is he a spooky Sith Force Ghost?

What the hell is going on.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-04-15, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
What the hell is going on.
No idea. There was a lot of stuff in the Ep 8 trailer that made me think some questions would be answered, when, in fact, no questions were answered at all.

Thus, I'm trying not to read into it too much. However, there has been a lot of speculation that the emperor never died and was hanging out some place, so … yeah.

It would be cool to draw everything together with that nut having been behind it all from the very beginning, and perhaps Rey, with Luke's guidance, being the one to finish it off.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
¡Damned!

2019-04-15, 15:28

So Snoke was.... ?

Leave it to JJ to resurrect the Big Bad. I guarantee that he's going to pull an Ep6 and reveal that Kylo and Rey are related by blood somehow, never mind Kylo's lies in Ep8.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-04-15, 16:03

It is widely known within the Star Wars universe (and supported by Yoda in Ep 1) that there are never more than two Sith lords at any one time. "Always two there are, never more, never less." The legend goes that, should an apprentice take on an apprentice, that the two will conspire to kill the master. Or that the apprentice to the apprentice will conspire with the master to kill the apprentice, etc. Thus, if Snoke was an apprentice to Sidious, he would not have taken an apprentice lest he disrupt the established order. So, if he did disrupt the order, then it is possible that Sidious (the master) might have secretly conspired with the apprentice to the apprentice (Kilo Ren) to kill off the apprentice in order to reestablish the, uhm, order.

At least that's the way one might interpret the existence of Snoke.

As far as family relations go, yes, I suppose that could happen. Brother and sister kiss, again! Some people are in to that sort of thing.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2019-04-16, 09:10

I like the "Rey is a Palpatine" conspiracy theory. It's silly, but Jedis do go back and forth between Dark and Light.
nina60

2019-05-13, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
The Rise of Skywalker!

I hated Ep 8, but Audacity Find My iPhone Origin I sure as hell hope it's not too late to win me back!

And JJ Abrams is back. I loved Ep 7, and thought it was as good or even better than Ep 4, which is saying an awful lot for me. What Rian Johnson did to The Last Jedi was just atrocious.

Of note: Billy Dee Williams is back as Lando Calrissian; Mark Hamill is doing some voice over of Luke; the emperor is laughing; and that backflip-Tie-fighter-chopping is just awesome. (I suspect that won't be in the film, but it's a damn cool shot!) In fact, it's just plain badass!

Let the debate begin!
Endor? Did the Emperor survive inside one of the falling pieces and has just been hanging out for a few decades? Is he a spooky Sith Force Ghost

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-05-23 at 17:55.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-13, 18:39

I don't know. You tell me. It's a speculation thread.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Endor? Did the Emperor survive inside one of the falling pieces and has just been hanging out for a few decades? Is he a spooky Sith Force Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina60 View Post
Never mind. Yet another bot. Count dow to insertion of link to HandiWax® adult enhancement cream in 3 … 2 …

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-05-14 at 13:13.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-05-14, 15:21

Hah! Looks like they tried!
Quote:
Last edited by nina60 : Today at 14:37.
These bots all have the same four letter names with two digits following. Rather predictable at this point.
grey69

2019-05-14, 17:11

Hello I am here this is the place to fuck other bots. I don't know. You tell me.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-14, 17:12

Nope, they got the edit in there. It's in the quote of my post. Same bull crap they did with Bryson a few days ago. Injected the garbage into the quote as if it came from him.

The links lead to three separate websites pretending to be legitimate. Thing is, they're all based on the same web templates and look identical other than faked company logos. My guess is that all of the "Download" buttons lead to malware. Always the same three, too. This nina-bot is on the 3rd incarnation of the name. nina22 and nina24 are the other two.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-05-14, 17:36

Wasn't there a "jiji20" also? Where is jiji when you need them?
murbot
Hoonigan

2019-05-14, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey69 View Post
Hello I am here this is the place to fuck other bots. I don't know. You tell me.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-05-14, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey69 View Post
Well done, Grey. Well done.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-15, 13:05

Is it just me, or is it getting weird, now?
Dr. Bobsky

2019-05-15, 15:38

The world's on fire, and I'm not scared.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-05-16, 23:31

Might time to put up the for sale sign, the vultures are circling.
mimin3

2019-05-20, 00:35

i suck

Last edited by mimin3 : 2019-05-20 at 14:08.
Dr. Bobsky

2019-05-20, 05:14

Another one...
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-20, 10:08

Yep.

The post will be edited with added links sometime in the next 12 hours.
¡Damned!

2019-05-22, 16:49

Some great stuff at VF today.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-23, 10:55

Thanks for posting that. Give me something to read today.

Edit: Nice article. I'm curious to see which of the old Carrie Fisher stuff they use, and how they weave it into the story.

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-05-23 at 17:51.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-16, 10:44

I just watched the trailer again and let me tell you, I really do think that Palpatine is still around. I think that turd survived his encounter with Luke Skywalker and has been directing all of the events leading up to the final episode. Snoke took on an apprentice and pissed off Palpatine, which is why Snoke was killed. I'm convinced of it!

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-26, 10:14

D23 expo teaser stuff.

More of Palpatine's voice, Rey as a Syth Lord, awesome cinematography as usual. The music starts out all choppy and weird, then cleans up toward the end. Sounds very intentional. Lost of historical Star Wars clips blending into the final chapter.

JJ Abrams says he is going to fix Star Wars. Considering what a mess it is, Disney has one final chance.

Fortunately there are lots of spinoffs in the works, and another trilogy planned that follows someone to somewhere at sometime.

Not sure how I feel right now. Episode 8 ruined Star Wars in the same way that Episodes 1 - 2.95 did. Not sure how it can actually be recovered, now that the Jedi are a joke and all. And now that political agendas are part of the story, and there are sub-stories trailing off into the distance that take us on 30-minute journeys to nowhere. And now that we're milking sea creatures and barbecuing fluffy penguins and such.

¡Damned!

2019-08-26, 10:45

Evil Rey is pretty hot, tbh.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-08-26, 21:02

The real result of Disney's hand in this...
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-08-27, 06:31

I'm super excited fo this.

Ending the Skywalker Saga is kind of sad though. This is the Star Wars that has been the main thing for so long. It'll be odd to have this be complete.

Maybe they'll keep apr too the story line going with other shows or movies. With Disney, they seem to be willing to expand the universe a bit with new shows.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.

Last edited by kieran : 2019-08-27 at 09:01.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-08-27, 08:42

Personally I'm looking forward to the expanding of the universe beyond this one bloodline. There must be so much more going on that goes well beyond this. That will allow so much more creativity and them not feel forced to follow a specific mold or have old die hards made because the story didn't go the way they think it should.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-27, 16:07

The Mandalorian may be the most highly anticipated (for me) Star Wars thin in ages. The trailer looks very wild-west-ish; "Cowboys and Indians" within in Star Wars universe.