Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

"Published" by the Tate Gallery

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
"Published" by the Tate Gallery
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-10, 09:15

I was contacted by the Tate Gallery in London back in August. They were interested in an image of a poster about the architect Rem Koolhaas I have posted on my website. After a few exchanges of emails I had sent them a high-res image to use in their magazine "Tate Etc.". You can read the article at:

http://www.tate.org.uk/tateetc/issue...tecture60s.htm

And yes, seeing the photo's attribution as being from "The Andrew Seward
Duncan collection" does make me chuckle a bit because....

What you can't see is that the poster has a myriad of slices in it from a brief (but glorious) "Lord of the Flies" episode wherein a bunch of us guys in our architecture class took up the art of blowgun marksmanship. One four foot length of copper pipe, a dowel, a #11 X-Acto blade and some toilet paper wadding is all you need to become a seriously dangerous practitioner of architecture. I could nail Rem Koolhaas' nose from 25 feet away and, despite Erica Hornung's dire predictions that we would "poke somebody's eye out", we have all gone on to becoming well-adjusted members of society.

Except for Erica, she became a MatchMover out in Hollywood. Don't ask.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-09-10, 10:56

S, M, L, XL
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-10, 14:03

What's sad is, that when I first saw that poster (back in 1988) I thought that it was a flier announcing that the bands REM and Koolhaas would be playing on campus.

Captain Drew on Twitter
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-09-11, 00:24

lol thats cool.
i first found out about Rem Koolhaas from my graphic desgin teacher. He had the book S, M, L, XL and was showing it to us. That was in the year 2000. I then tried to buy the book but couldnt find it anywhere because they were all sold out. Prices on ebay were expensive with a authographed 1st edition costs $1200.

Around 2 years ago though they started to reprint the book again and i was able to buy it for 70$ off amazon.

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-11, 01:39

Hmm, wonder how much my copy is worth? I'll have to dig that thing out and figure out which printing I have.

[EDIT]: Holy Crap! This thing is worth $500++
Zowee. I wonder how much my poster is worth?

Captain Drew on Twitter