AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

LaCie FW DVD-RW drive and 10.5.5 woes

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
LaCie FW DVD-RW drive and 10.5.5 woes
WrestleEwe

Send a message via Skype™ to WrestleEwe 
2008-12-07, 14:39

Hi guys,

Today I fired up my external Lacie FW DL DVD burner to, well burn a dvd. It hasn't been used for some time, but I know last time I used it it worked perfectly with my MB. That must have been around 10.5.2 time.

Today the drive is recognized by OSX as it is shown in System Profiler under Firewire when connected. It is not shown under Disc Burning. And when I pop in a DVD it does not show up in Disk Utility.

I know that I did not have to install any driver or software to get it to burn (or read for that matter) last time I used it. Lacie does not even have a driver for 10.5. Lacie says that its hardware is supported from 10.4 and up.

What am I doing wrong here? Anyone have some advice for me on how to fix this?

Googling did not give me the results I hoped for, but that is not strange considering the large amount of different descriptions for this problem. Try searching this forum for "external DVD recognized". There is not a single post on the first page of results that has anything to do with external DVDs at all.

Anyway, please help?